Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 4.0.1 - Firmware Release (68.9.12)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 9/16

Hi everyone,

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.0.1, available for Versa and Versa Lite

(Firmware Version: 68.9.12). 

We've begun releasing this new firmware to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages until it has been completely released to all users. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here

To update Versa Lite Edition, leave on all-day sync and let the Fitbit app run in the background on your phone. When the update is ready, you’ll see a notification in the Fitbit app.

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa or Versa Lite, I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone.  

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi all!

Thanks for taking the time to about your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.0.1. Due to your great feedback, our team was able to identify and fix a small issue with this firmware. As a result, we are releasing a new firmware build (OS 4.0.2) which is now available for a percentage of Versa users. 

I have closed this thread to further comments to help keep the community tidy but please feel free to post about your experiences updating to Fitbit OS 4.0.2 in our new firmware thread, here.

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
300 REPLIES 300

Will Fitbit ever actually describe the "bugs and improvements" in the updates? Almost every other company that patches or updates software describes exactly what most of the bugs were that were fixed. It's sort of an acknowledgement of the validity of customer complaints. Only Nintendo is as vague as you guys seem to be.

Best Answer

Usually "bug fixes and improvements" is Fitbit-speak for no visible changes to the end user. Is that the case for this update? It seems weird that it's numbered 4.0.1 instead of 3.xx if there are no UI updates/major visible changes.

Best Answer

Since the OS is a major update, would appreciate some more details in what's changed than just bug fixes.

Need to know if there is now support for Spotify in this update

Best Answer

@avocadotoast there are UI changes and more, this seems to bring some of the Versa 2 interface to the other Versa devices.

Which is why it is even more surprising they chose to do such a meager summary.

There are currently some major outstanding issues affecting the Versa (sync breaking, notification clearing, logging issues) that were announced to be fixed in "a future firmware update" .

As long as those are not mentioned we can only assume this is not that update.

_____

On a positive note I am glad to see the Versa getting another new firmware update, and once I get it I hope to be pleasantly surprised by any improvements!

Best Answer

I have pressed factory reset and now unable to switch it on 

Best Answer

After receiving the update, this is what I have noticed till now.

• Quick settings and music controls can be accessed when swiping down in addition to the notification. The interface is a bit cluttered to be honest.
  • Left button long press has options for quick settings or music controls
  • UI refreshed for the quick settings.
  • Splash screens thumbnails for the workouts have now been refreshed
  • Couldn't see Spotify as yet
  • While using the connected GPS the distance calculation is inaccurate by 10-15%
Best Answer

I still see 'Bike' is still not giving me a mileage readout to my dashboard for miles cycled.

Strava records it for me though. GPS linked through my IPhone.  

Versa is GPS linked too. App gives me a map of & records the route (not always in full or accurately) but it records it. 

It too sends me notifications of every 5 miles cycled, times stats etc. 

So why is the mileage covered not credited to my daily totals FitBit? 

What is point having a fitness tracker if it does not even deliver the most basic but key data for your workouts?

Blaze, Surge, Ionic and Versa1. I am not a FitBit employee.
Best Answer

Fitbit has never, and as far as I know, does not plan to incorporate any mode of travel other than walking or running into your total distance on the dashboard. Progress badges are generally based on how far you travel with your feet. Bike riding is significantly easier than walking running or jogging in terms of covering distance. It would be an accurate to include miles biked.

Best Answer

Since my firmware update this morning notifications no longer vibrate or turn the screen on. I spent an hour troubleshooting withbsuppprt to no avail. Notifications will come though, but i have to manually check them by triggering the screen and swiping down to get notifications. Phone calls also dont show, thought the "test phone call" in the fitbit app does. Neither DnD or sleep mode are on.  When i long push back bu3ttpmg there is no longer a "notifications on or off" toggle...simply DnD, which is off

Best Answer

"WHAT'S NEW AND FIXED

This release includes bug fixes and improvements. "

Could it be more detailed, more accurate?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

So I am taking it they haven't actually fixed anything?

Best Answer

I REALLY want it to connect to spotify man or at least be able to control the song change and volume from the watch to my phone. 

Best Answer

Gutted there's no Spotify 

Best Answer

I wonder if they finally fixed the notifications getting stuck sometimes?

Best Answer

I am also having this issue. Since I updated my Versa, I am not getting any notifications on the screen or vibrations either, if I scroll on the screen I see them...  😞 Has this been resolved for you yet?

Best Answer

Where is factory reset

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ukmight I agree! I'd love to get rid of that! Every time I swipe down to see more of a notification or clear it the stupid quick quick settings is in the way. It should give you the option of enabling/disabling that or making it only come up when you hit the back button or something. I'm so close to switching to Apple. Battery life has been the only reason... I'm about to deal with charging at night and losing sleep data 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

NOTHING FIXED W/ THIS UPDATE!!  2 months and 2 devices and hours wasted on this device. This "fix" broke my device further and now my fitness pal and other apps are no longer syncing. I wiped everything off and started fresh. Just a glorified watch.  So one else has posted about Garmin so I checked it out --I just bought this  https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/552962   For $99 so I will earn $60 when I return this garbage Versa Lite. My 4th Fitbit device and my last. 

I work in software and it does not take a year to fix this. And was not going to sit through more "troubleshooting steps" and swapping out one watch for another that does not work. 

Best Answer

i updated my versa about three hours ago and it just started glitching really bad like i have never seen before. i tried to scroll to get to the settings to turn it off - but i cant get to that before the screen glitches and fades to black. Anyone else having this issue?

Best Answer