Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa is reporting extremely high heartrate all the time.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Saturday evening my versa has been showing extremely high heart rate all the time. Resting heart rate is reporting peak numbers and when I work out I should basically have died from a heart attack. I have restarted multiple times and reset to factory defaults this morning. I am ready to go back to my charge2 if this doesn't resolve itself soon.  

Best Answer
105 REPLIES 105

Hey @halleynora, it is great to see you around more often! So your heart rate is showing high numbers when you are not exercising and when you are working out, it shows even higher numbers, right? If so, I want to thank you for taking the time to restart it and factory reset it. Beside that, I'd like you to follow these other steps: 

- Make sure that you are wearing it correctly. Review the wearing tips in this post. 

- Try changing the setting (Auto to On; On to Off; Off to On) and then syncing your watch

Let me know if that works! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello,

Thank you for responding. How do I toggle that setting?  Is it on the watch or in the app on my phone?

Thanks,

Halley

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. My versa said I burned over 7000 calories yesterday and I didn’t even go to the gym. My heart rate as been staying above 150 throughout the day. I’ve tried resetting also. 

Best Answer

Hey @halleynora, thanks for getting back to me! Yes, you can change the heart rate settings either through your Versa or by using the app. If you want to do so over the watch, swipe to settings and you'll see the heart rate options. Then just tap to change it to ON, OFF or AUTO. 

@Jennmurphy, welcome aboard my friend! Yes, I understand that the amount of calories burned is so high because the heart rate is tracking too high BPM. Let me ask you this, have you tried the troubleshooting I posted above? If you haven't, please give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer

Hi @HeydyF!! I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions and still have the same issue with my heart rate reading extremely high and my calories, exercise minutes, and sleep pattern tracking is all being affected. 

Any other ideas that could help with this issue? 

Best Answer

Hey @Jennmurphy, I hope you are doin' great!

I want to thank for taking the time to fix this issue with the heart rate monitor on your Versa. According to our team, this has been stated as a known issue, but they are already working to resolve it. I appreciate you have brought this our attention. On the other side, I'm sorry for any inconvenience it's caused. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer

I did attempt to do that many times as well. No resolution. Additionally, the fitbit watxh display stopped working on Thursday afternoon although it would still vibrate with notifications and sync with the app on my phone.  Eventually, it has completely died and is unresponsive. I have a new one now and seems to be behaving correctly  You can close this issue out for me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @HeydyF! Will there be a notification come out when the issue is resolved?

Thank you!

Best Answer

Hey @halleynora, thanks for your reply! Sounds awesome that you're not longer experimenting this issue with your Versa and that it is working fine now. If you have further questions or comments, let me know! 

@Jennmurphy, I will keep you posted here for any updates, as soon as I get news from my team in regards of this inconvenience with the heart rate. 

Have a nice day guys! 

Best Answer

I had my Versa for two and a half months when the heart rate suddenly got extremely high. I tried all the tricks recommended here, but nothing worked and I returned it to the store. They said it could not be repaired, but I got my money back and bought a new one. I got it today, but this one is running wild too! There seems to be something very wrong with this activity tracker. I am thinking about returning this one too and not getting a new one anymore. It's sad, because I really liked it at first...

Best Answer

Hey @RinskeG, welcome aboard! Let me ask you this, is it your Versa tracking your heart rate too high all the time like when you are wearing it and when you are not? Or just when you are not wearing it? Also, I'd like to ask you if you already tried the tips that I posted above to try to fix this issue with your new Versa. 

Let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, obviously Fitbit is not tracking any heart rate when I am not wearing it, so it is only too high when I am wearing it. But it turned back to normal after one day, so I am not having this issue at the moment.
With my previous Versa I tried all the recommendations, but they did not work.
I hope this one will keep going steady.

But I have another issue now: it is not connecting well to gps during exercise, not even when I am holding my phone in my hand. Today I hiked a path I hike more often and the distantance shown wasn't correct. It was more than one kilometer less then it should be. My old Versa tracked it correctly. This week I also took another hike and my Versa kept saying:'connecting', on and off. Sometimes it was connected and then it wasn't.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @RinskeG, sounds good that your Versa is tracking your heart rate properly. Hope is stays like that but if the issue persists, let me know. 

Now in regards of the inconvenience with the GPS, if it doesn't seem to be tracking accurately your distance, if you haven't, then I suggest you to review your stride length by following these instructions: 

To measure your walking stride length:

1. Go to a track or some place where you're sure of the distance.
  2. Count your steps as you walk across that distance, making sure you travel at least 20 steps.
  3. Divide the total distance (in feet) taken by the number of steps to get your stride length.

Your running stride can be calculated the same way if you run instead of walk.

To change your stride length on your Fitbit app: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon User-added image
    2. Tap or click Advanced Settings.
    3. Tap or click Stride Length.
    4. Adjust your stride length.

Now, if after that, the issue persists, I suggest you to take a look at the troubleshooting steps in this help article: Why isn't GPS working on my Fitbit device? 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa has been giving me a consistently high RHR reading that does not fluctuate for going on two weeks now. I have reset it and I have turned off the heart rate monitor and turned it on and nothing. Sometimes, when I go to put my versa back on after I have had it off to shower, it will show that it’s been reading a heart rate of 117 🙄. I never had this trouble with my Charge 2.

Best Answer

I have just been reading about the issue with the heart rate on the versa. I have tried all the tricks suggested. I'm still having this issue. Any new suggestions? I have only had this a couple of months, a bid frustrating and it's killing the battery. 

Best Answer

Hey @Mysa and @jeReKi, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! I appreciate the time you have taken to try to fix this issue with your Versa which is not accurately tracking your heart rate. Let me tell you guys that our team is already aware of this inconvenience and working towards a solution as soon as they can. So please be patient while they are working on this. 

Have a nice day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello! Do you have an update on this issue? For the price of the Versa, it seems like it should be up there in propriety but some of these are from July...it is now almost September! 

Best Answer

Hey @moogle90k, it is great to see new faces around! Let me ask you this, is it your Versa tracking high heart rate all the time or just at the beginning of an exercise? In the meantime, please take into consideration that wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We also recommend experimenting with how high you place the watch on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the Versa just above the wrist bone, typically works fine. However, moving the watch up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. If you haven't already done so, please review our recommendations for wear and other tips at  this link. Beside that, I'd like you to try the following: 

a. Switch HR setting to off and sync.
    b. Switch HR setting to Auto and sync.

c. Restart your Versa 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello, I have attempted all of these.

There is no way I am in the fat burn zone for 15 hours a day. I have a desk
job!

I move it up when working out and always make sure it isn't too tight. It
is right where it should be.