Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Quick Replies" feature for iOS users

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there! Love the look of the new Fitbit Versa! However, any word on if Iphone users will be able to access the quick reply text feature? Or is that only going to be offered to Andrioid users permanently? 

Thanks! 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KaylaTrujillo13 Smiley Happy Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 

We are working with partners to find ways to bring quick text replies to messaging apps for iOS and Windows users – we hope to share more on this in the future. We’d love to be able to offer quick text replies to our iOS users now, but Apple operates a closed ecosystem that doesn’t allow us to deliver this feature at this time.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
140 REPLIES 140

The lack of quick replies is due to Apple's closed system, but Park said this is something they're working on. Hopefully they get that sorted quickly. 

Best Answer

Hi @KaylaTrujillo13 Smiley Happy Welcome to the Fitbit Community! 

We are working with partners to find ways to bring quick text replies to messaging apps for iOS and Windows users – we hope to share more on this in the future. We’d love to be able to offer quick text replies to our iOS users now, but Apple operates a closed ecosystem that doesn’t allow us to deliver this feature at this time.

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I thought you offered quick reply on other fitbits for iPhone. This is really unfortunate and probably will keep me from purchasing. 

Best Answer

@ldennis35wrote:

I thought you offered quick reply on other fitbits for iPhone. This is really unfortunate and probably will keep me from purchasing. 

As explained by @AlessFitbit the fault is on Apple that operates a closed system, there is nothing that Fitbit can do. I would honestly hold the purchase of an iOS devices (or replace it with an Android) due to such closed system.

Best Answer

Ldennis, they never offered it on any of their trackers. 

I actually had a Apple Watch 3 and the replies from the Watch wasn’t all it’s cracked up to be. It would take forever to go thru. Sometimes it wouldn’t go thru.  Quicker for me to just grab my phone. Eventually I stopped using it to reply to messages. 

Best Answer

I call BS. I'm wearing a Pebble 2 right now and I can make quick replies to texts from my iPhone. Fitbit owns Pebble, they should be able to figure this out and quickly.

Best Answer

Just to set things straight: Pebble is (was) using completely different method to achieve this - actually they developed a non-native, external workaround. The support is limited as it runs via an external "service" and your carrier has to support/allow it. It does not work via the phone (contrary to Android, where you are actually replying via your smartphone) and it is not universal.

Best Answer

This is Apples call. Fitbit is their competition

Best Answer

This is not Fitbits decision...Apple and Fitbit are in competition. It’s Apple that is not allowing quick response 

Best Answer

I purchased mine based off this quick reply feature. No where on the ad for Versa did it say it would not be available with iPhone. This is very disappointing and should’ve been advertised before people purchased it. Not sure if I’ll be keeping this watch. 

Best Answer

Everything I read on the versa before preordering said no SMS response on iPhone......just saying.

Best Answer
Yah that wasn’t on the Versa ad I saw and read about. It said quick reply was on the watch

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This should really be updated in the video ad. I didn’t see, until I just got my watch, that the feature wasn’t available for iPhones. A little upset that I paid more for this watch thinking it had that feature. 

Best Answer
Exactly!! It was not advertised in the video that it wasn’t available on IPhones! It’s super disappointing.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I actually have android and am finding it hard to figure out how to even reply to messages with the quick reply!! How can I see the pre set texts to reply with? 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes
It says it will be available for Android in May

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That really sucks. I’ve been an android user for 10 years and just got the iPhone X 6 months ago. I’m super disappointed that I can’t use a quick reply

Best Answer

@Txhockeymom5012 Disappointed with Apple? well, I think that passing from Android to Apple you should have expected much less freedom.

Best Answer

I am a ionic user but am upgrading to versa. I have a iphone 6s and i hate having to run back inside if im doing a workout just to answer a text for work. So when aproximately will fitbit dish out quick replies for versa or ionic.

Best Answer