Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: 4/24 - Issues with setup, syncing, and App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 04/25/18: We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. If you continue to encounter difficulty with syncing or setup, please consult these help resources:

Fitbit Update 04/24/2018: We are working to resolve an issue affecting Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic that is impacting syncing, setup and firmware updates, music transfer, the Weather app, and downloading apps/clock faces from the App Gallery. Thanks for your patience!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

We have rolled out a fix and all Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Ionic users should now be able to use their devices normally. This thread will now be closed as resolved, but you can consult the following help resources if you're still having trouble with syncing or setup:

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1,008 REPLIES 1,008

Hi, I currently using Fitbit Versa and having problem keeping it sync with my Android phone. My phone is Huawei Mate 10 Pro running Android 8.0. I keep missing out notifications on my phone... 

Best Answer

Unfortunately I cant see your Huawei phone on the Supported Devices List. I know there arebissues with the Huawei phones syncing with Fitbits so I thinknthatbis the source of your problems. I think there is nothing you can do about it appart from trying the standard troubleshoots (see the links below) and see if any make the connection more reliable.

Why wont my tracker Sync?

Troubleshooting Notifications

Let us know how you go 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was fine the first week I had it  now it won't sync and notifications won't work. Unacceptable that they have no answers beyond uninstalling and reinstalling the app or resetting the watch. Nothing works. Fitbit needs to help!

Best Answer

Hey I got the same thing with my OnePlus 3T phone even though it's been perfect for my previous Fitbit Blaze (2 years old) and never gave me any issues, your opinion doesn't seem to count unless you have a mainstream phone...

Shocking!

Best Answer
I'm returning my Versa. I had really looked forward to getting it.
Best Answer

Afternoon,

I had the same sort of reply from Fitbit chat saying it's not supported (OnePlus 3T) and try the standard stuff.

Could I ask if you setup (Firmware update at the start) the Versa with Wifi or Bluetooth?

I had notification issues with doing the setup with Bluetooth as I didn't have a 2.4ghz wifi to connect to, then retried with wifi and it's a lot better but still has the occasional black out with notifications.

I'm hoping a firmware update soon will sort some of this stuff out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I tried all the troubleshooting steps. I can now occasionally see phone calls but still no other notifications. I was chatting with a FitBit rep last night for over an hour with no solution..

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think you're right. There are definitely Bluetooth issues. I did a factory reset and reinstalled everything. Got it working again, but still having some issues like watchfaces and apps not installing right. Also, the watch Bluetooth seems weak.

(I have a newer Moto 5GS Plus phone and a new Samsung tablet with the Fitbit apps installed. Both are having issues that seem to be related to the Fitbit app and/or watch.)

Best Answer

Today is a miracle day , 

fitbit downloadet the apps fast . 

I think al the problems are software problems , hope tey com with an update .

i like the versa . 

GN
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm also reporting the same problem, on Android 8.00 using a HTC 10 with my Versa.

Notifications don't work at all, sync randomly stops working and needs to be un-tethered from the bluetooth settings on my phone to be able to re-pair with the FitBit app. Tried all the "fixes" suggested on here. 

It would be useful if FitBit acknowledged our issue and said they are working on a fix, as at the moment i'm on the fence wether to return it as the Versa isn't fit for use at the moment. 

Best Answer

I agree with you!!! Fitbit could even say, it's the least you can do with your customers.

Fernanda Tusutiya
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same problem (I have the LG V30).  I was using the Google Messages app and was not receiving ANY text notifications even though calls would pop up as would calendar reminders.  I switched my default messages app to be the one that came pre-installed with the phone and made the change in the Fitbit app and immediately my text messages started coming through.  I even started getting ones from last week.  So if it is still not working, change the default messages app and make the same change in the Fitbit app and see if that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is definitely a Bluetooth issue. I can’t believe FitBit has allowed this issue to persist. 

Best Answer

Mine is also doing the same thing. Syncs fine for awhile but the usually in morning won’t sync. I have tried everything. Never had this problem before getting the Versa. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine shows I. Bluetooth menu along with other items including my Surge which is resting. When I press sync on the phone app, Surge always synchs, Versa rarely.It's got to be Fitbit Bluetooth firmware, too many people having the same issue.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
I did a factory reset on the watch itself and that worked. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the input! I’m concerned this is an iPhone issue with connecting. I have done a full factory reset on the device, deleted the app, turned off Bluetooth, restarted the phone, and reinstalled/rebooted all the applications/devices. Still no luck. I can view phone calls but that’s it

Best Answer
Mine is all over the place. Some texts. Not all. No phone. No email

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thankfully, my versa is still going strong.  Haven't had anymore issues.

I hope everyone's issue is resolved soon because it really is a nice watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes