Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERSA will NOT update hours and hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Monumental waste of time trying to update Versa.... turned on and off repeatedly reinstalled app repeatedly... tried wifi tried on bluetooth... more junk from Fitbit

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

May I ask what device is being used to update the tracker? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. It's so frustrating. I've been trying to update it since last night and no luck. I've Uninstalled it numerous times. I've restarted my versa. I'm on my Samsung note 8. Maybe I'll try on my pc. 

Best Answer

same here cannot get it to update hours into this.  

Best Answer

What device is being used to update through.

What is or is not happening? 

Was there an error reported? 

Does the update start on the tracker and an update bar displayed? 

Does the Versa show an update bar? 

If the bar hasn't moved in .let's say, ten minutes, I would kill the app and start over. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel your pain! It took me four hours to update my Versa yesterday. The solution was to use my Galaxy S4 smartphone for the update. The Versa could not find my wifi network using my two PCs, but did when used with my phone. Go figure! 

Best Answer

How did you use your phone to update? I have the same issue and have been trying to update the versa through my iphone. Is there another way to update the versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use an Android phone and this is what worked for me. I nuked the Fitbit app and reinstalled it fresh. I also reset my Versa to the factory settings. I basically installed it again as a new device. When the setup routine got to the wi-fi setup, I let my phone find the network and not my laptop PC. It found the wi-fi network and connected. Twenty minutes it was done with the update and the installation. 

I hope this helps and good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted customer service. They told me since I have the Samsung note 8
that it wasn't compatible at this time. So I used my sister's phone to
update it.Isigned into my fitbit account on her phone. When it was done, I
deleted it off her phone and installed it on my phone. It works now, but I
still have a hard time with it trying to update the coach app. How this
helps you.
Best Answer
0 Votes
thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Samsung galaxy S8.  For 2 hours the update ran and it looked like it almost finished for the last 90 min.  My versa screen shows only 1/2 a screen. I had to uninstall my app to get it to stop. My question is "why release an update that has not been fully tested without a disclaimer as to which phones it is not compatible with.  I have only had the versa 3 weeks and now it is not working properly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The update is compatible with the Versa, what you're saying is the update procedure is not compatible with your phone these are two different things. 

Are you updating through the phones Bluetooth or through the Wifi? Behave you tried both ways? 

My GS8 did the same thing when updating the Ionic through WiFi, when i switched to Bluetooth the update worked and did not take any longer. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

An update came out last night and I’ve wasted most of my Fathers day dorking around trying to get my Versa working.  I set it to update overnight, but it failed and now the watch either gets stuck at the installing/ green screen for over an hour, or it just says ‘to start download the fitbit app’ after I power cyce it.  I have installed and de-installed the app on three different devices to get the update working over both wi-fi and bluetooth.  It tries...  same exact problem every time- and I power the watch off / on and start over.  A Galaxy S8, my old note2, my PC.  Placed watch 10 feet from wi-fi router and 1 foot from devices on bluetooth.  When I first got the watch, it took me almost a week just getting music onto it.  I’ve only had it a couple months and now regret the purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I finally got it to work by deleting the fitbit app from my S8, powering my phone off and on then installing app and then update.  It took 20 minutes this time.I love my versa now

Live Loved,
Dianna
Best Answer
0 Votes

hours and hours waiting for Versa to update and all this time can't use my phone afraid It'll crash.Blue bar is coming to last blinking white dot. crossing fingers and toes it'll work.  If anyone is reading these boards thinking of buying one..don't.  out of the box this freekin thing can't even tell you the time of the day unless it has to connect to your phone. this is crazy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Got mine updated finally. Read post where someone installed app on Iphone. Did this and set Iphone as hotspot. went to Samsung and logged out of Apps's account and turned off bluetooth. went back to Iphone and set up Versa. Went into app on Iphone and set up wifi to find Iphone hotspot. Downloaded and installed software just fine. Deleted app off Iphone, unpaired it. Went back to Samsung 7Edge and logged back-in. Working fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went back through the process with support on the line..  nearly two hours before finally being authorized for a warranty replacement with an RMA.  It took over two weeks for Fitbit to receive the Versa.  By then, I was traveling, so fitbit sent the replacement to my sisters house in LA, with expedited shipping, to ensure I got it before I left for my next stop. That was appreciated and really the only thing I have been impressed with in terms of service and convenience.  I received it yesterday...  of course it required an update before using.  Took over an hour using bluetooth with my phone... but it's working now.  I just can't change clockfaces, add apps or load music to it until I get home in two more weeks...  no access to my PC.  How about full functionality with phone apps?  It's a mobile world...  I wanted to be impressed with fitbit but this experience left me feeling very flat.  June 17 until July 10th and will have to spend another long day reloading my music, apps, clock face and settings- which I can't do from my phone while traveling. Ugh.  Just more to deal with when I get back home and try to catch up with everything else.  This watch does not seem to be performing any better than the original. And for all my time, only expedited shipping and it still took over 3 weeks to get the replacement.  No bone... not even a small store credit for some better clockfaces, given the hours and hours wasted due to a defective product. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should be able to change add apps and change the clock face through the app. 

How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Learn how to change the clock face on your Fitbit device.
How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?
Learn how to customize your watch with additional apps from the Fitbit App Gallery.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn’t seem to be an option with Android app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MrGr1ncher wrote:

Doesn’t seem to be an option with Android app.

Sorry @MrGr1ncher with no reference I'm not sure which option your asking about? 

Best Answer
0 Votes