Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293

@SheriRN did you try maybe exchanging it to where you bought it at?

Best Answer

Ordered direct from Fitbit and have gotten same answer from email, initial call, supervisor and now waiting to talk to a manager...all say this is not covered under warranty. I’m beyond frustrated! 

Best Answer

@SheriRN i don't blame you! good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You cracked the screen and you want them to replace it? Of course the screen isn't covered under warranty. It didn't just crack by itself. If you think Apple or any other company is going to be any different, you will be disappointed. 

Best Answer

I would think within a week of purchase it could be returned.  That seems odd.

Best Answer

Will be following to see the response you receive from fitbit.  Like you, I was wavering between staying with fitbit or jumping to an Apple watch.  I hope I didn't make a mistake.  😞 

Best Answer

I dont know of any company that will replace a cracked screen for free no matter how long you have had it. That is why they make screen protectors. 

Best Answer

If an Apple watch screen breaks but does not show impact damage, Apple had been know to replace the watch at no charge.  If it is a single break and not shattered Apple does take that in consideration.

Best Answer

@GregJaxFL wrote:

If an Apple watch screen breaks but does not show impact damage, Apple had been know to replace the watch at no charge.  If it is a single break and not shattered Apple does take that in consideration.

Can you provide links to back your claim?

Best Answer
Spoiler

Just go to McRumors forum and do a search. It has to be a single crack and not a spider crack as that would indicated impact damage. 

I doubt it it will help the OP as Fitbits customer service will ignore what kind of damage it is and blame it on the user. 

Best Answer

After being on the phone for 45 min and talking to 3 people, I will be getting my Fitbit replaced.

Best Answer

They don’t make screen protectors for this watch...I asked.

Best Answer

Thank you for the resource. After a long time in the phone with 3 people, Fitbit agreed this shouldn’t have happened and will replace. 

Best Answer

Check Amazon, there are a lot of companies selling Versa screen protectors. 

Best Answer

That’s why I always check the return policies or warranty’s where ever I decide to buy my product especially electronics. I bought my from Versa from Best Buy because their warranty covers cracks too. 

Best Answer

If your VERSA is less than 45 days old, send it back for a refund.  Mine came with a 45 day money back guarantee.

Best Answer

Great info! I didn’t realize, but I’ll definitely look into it more in the future. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine, I pre-orderd, it came on Wednesday  - with normal wear the screen is all scratched up. It got scratched by a Alex & Ani charm bracelet  I was wearing on the same wrist, from the zipper of my purse when I reached in, from a brush with the wall while I was carrying the laundry basket. That sort of thing. There is no way it would hold up in a biking or trail hiking scenario.

Tried talking to FitBit about it and they totally didn't care - just kept saying it's Gorilla Glass it shouldn't scratch. I packed it back up and returned it to Amazon where I bought it and they gave me a full refund. Would not recommend buying directly from Fit Bit as their customer service is terrible. Get it from Amazon so if you have trouble your going to get taken care of.

Best Answer

That’s very frustrating! Someone suggested a screen protector and I’m going to check amazon for one. It shouldn’t happen when normal use though. 

Best Answer