Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Cracked Screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just received my Versa and love it! But after wearing it less than 5 full days I see a crack in the left upper corner. I’ve contacted Fitbit and the reply was the screen isn’t covered under warranty. IT’S BRAND NEW! I did not do anything different with this then I’ve ever done with my Alta HR or Blaze...just normal wear. I’m so disappointed Fitbit isn’t standing by their product! I was going between this and the Apple Watch, but have loved my Fitbits. I’m so upset I’m thinking of jumping off the Fitbit ship. 

Best Answer
293 REPLIES 293
If you find a screen protector please let me know. 

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just ordered a screen protector after reading this!

Best Answer
0 Votes
From Amazon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m ordering from Amazon

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SheriRN I use IQ Shield screen protectors on my Ionic and they are excellent. I am sure there are other excellent brands out there too, but I prefer wet application as it is SOOO much easier to position  protector in the exacg right place.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just return it to fitbit and buy it at a store with Warrenty that covers wear and tear for wearable tech. It's extra but you can keep coming in to exchange for a new one until you can buy a screen protector. I'm on my third one but honestly might start looking at other brands. 

Best Answer

Thank you! I didn’t know which one to get. I appreciate the recommendation. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use the screen protectors from gadget wraps. I used them on my pebble watches and am super happy with them. 

Best Answer

I would recommend getting one made from tempered glass only because of my personal experience.

One of my little ones scared me while we were at home, I bumped my watch & my screen cracked - I just felt it cracked very easily for being a active fit bit watch. 

Best Answer

@vzsasha88 wrote:

Do not get the Active Shield that is made from a tough durable film.

I’m not sure I understand the logic here?

Best Answer

Huawei, Garmin and apple offer Sapphire. They are more brittle but much less scratch prone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen to me this morning. I was wearing it normally and swimming and can't even recall hitting my arm or hand (since I didn't feel anything) but apparently I must have tapped it on something and it crushed in the lower corner. Not covered of course by the warranty. Disappointing because if I had dropped it that would be one thing and would be completely my fault but during regular reasonable use? Very fragile and not fit for sport use at all. Alta was much more durable but I will be returning it and will never buy another fit bit product. Never should have ordered it from Fitbit.com. Had I purchased elsewhere I would have been able to return it

Best Answer

BF4ABC40-F068-449A-A15B-A9870FA87954.png

Using this on my Versa, works well.

Tom
Best Answer

FitBit doesn't make screen protectors for this watch but you can order them from third parties such as Walmart for very cheap.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How were you able to do this? I have talked to them multiple times for the same issue and the most they'll offer me is Fitbit Coach for 3 months free. I won't need the coach if I'm not even wearing my Versa!

Best Answer

Those who think a screen protector is going to help - You're wrong.

I was a fan of the Charge & Charge 2, it was reliable and durable. Finally bought Versa, and this happened less than a week after purchasing it. Cracked at the edge, a screen protector is useless in my case.

Fitbit is supposed to help push us further and forward but now I'm being held back because I am afraid of damaging the watch further.

Apparently we have to protect our Fitbit like a baby now? I'm not even sure it is safe for swimming anymore because of the crack.

Best Answer

Did anyone find a reputable compaby to actually replace their cracked screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Amazon took mine back no questions asked but I didn't want a replacement, I
just got a credit and purchased a different brand
Best Answer

OMG! Thanks for your post! I love FitBit products, but the community more. I have reached my fitness goals on so many levels. I'm very disappointed in the Versa. My screen cracked in the same exact spot as yours and I did absolutely nothing. I'm stuck with a paper weight now and having to hear my husband repeat "I told you so!"

I just received new leather bands on yesterday that are useless now. 😟

Best Answer