Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit OS 2.1 - Versa Firmware Release (32.32.10.15)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update 8/23/18:

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. 

Since the majority of Versa users have successfully updated to OS 2.1.1 (v32.32.10.15) I have decided to close this topic from further comments. 

If you still have not updated your Versa to OS 2.1.1, check out this help article for how to update your device. Please complete this update so that you're prepared for the next release. 

If you are experiencing an issue with your Versa unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Community or find a related topic. 

Thanks for all your feedback and contributions on this thread. We're looking forward to bringing you all the next Fitbit OS update! Smiley Happy

Fitbit Update 05/11/2018: We have released Fitbit OS 2.1 to 100% of Versa users (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15).

Hi, everyone! Smiley Happy

I am excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 2.1! (Firmware Version: 32.32.10.15)

We've started to roll out this update to 10% of Versa users. This is a progressive rollout, and all Versa users can expect to have it within a few weeks. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

WHAT’S NEW

Introducing quick replies. Send customized responses to text messages and messages from select messaging apps with your Fitbit watch. Note that this feature is currently only available on watches paired to an Android phone. For more information, see How do I respond to messages with my Fitbit watch?

WHAT’S FIXED

This release includes other bug fixes and improvements.

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa can be found here.

I recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, I can also recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on the latest release. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
842 REPLIES 842

@Jayelo Yeah thats so unfair. Anyways I found in this fitbit forum that the feature(call reject/answer) for Android devices has been developed and launched.

Link: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Call-Answer-Reject-on-ionic-for-Android/idc-p/26...

So I was wondering in the latest firmware was this feature added?

Thanks for responding man!

Best Answer

@Subodh_Benjamin So I checked your link and I read that post yesterday. But I responded to the Fitbit moderator who said that feature has been developed and released. It does sound like it came out in this new firmware update everyone is waiting for. I haven’t received it yet (and trying to patiently wait)...but maybe she can clarify it. So also waiting patiently for her to respond....

Best Answer

@Jayelo Hope there's some positive response from the moderator.Thanks a ton mate! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My versa will not update either.  Wifi is connected, but the firmware will not load!

Best Answer

@meresydotes What issue are you referring to? For exercise tracking, you will need to change your settings at the beginning of the exercise as it won't default to any previously set settings. This is expected behavior.

@PatMol Thanks for clarifying that you've already attempted the watch restart and unfortunately that didn't resolve the issue. I've reached out to our Support Team who will be getting in touch with you within the next 24-72 hours in an email support case at your email address attached to your Community account. Let me know how that goes.

@Jujube289 This is a progressive rollout, so you may not see it yet. I'd wait until we announce that it is rolled out to 100% of users here. Sorry for the confusion from our Support Team, I will make sure to pass that feedback along.

If you're still experiencing syncing issues, I recommend trying the troubleshooting steps here.

@KTBEE @wjkjr That's the type of update I like to hear! Thanks for sharing. Robot Very Happy

@blu-steel @Phaaze @dianewordsmith Thanks for your backup and assistance in here.

@momnbaby It looks like you're not on the latest firmware release yet. I'd wait for that and then give that an update once we've rolled it to 100%. You can track our rollout progress here.

In addition, I have some questions for you:

• Do you leave your watch on your nightstand near your cellphone that receives notifications/vibrations throughout the night?
  • Do you leave your watch near a fan?

@bcbakerun Can you tell me a little bit more about the heart rate issues you're having? Pictures and specific dates with the activity names of what you were doing will be helpful to continue to assist. Thanks in advance.

@arthurgleckler I do see your successful syncs in my backend tool, can you provide me with a couple of screenshots of what you're seeing on your Fitbit app?

The Versa (classic) that you see is the music control Bluetooth connection. You'll have to make that connection again to control music from your wrist that is playing on your phone.

@Jamaicangirl81 I recommend making sure you let the battery drain completely until the screen won't turn on anymore, charge it up to 100% which may take a couple of hours and then keep track of how long it takes to drain until it's no longer responsive/turning on again.

@so8sk Thanks for confirming that you've tried all of that. I've reached out to our Support Team who will be getting in touch with you within the next 24-72 hours in an email support case at your email address attached to your Community account. Let me know how that goes.

@Subodh_Benjamin @Jayelo Unfortunately, that hasn't been implemented for Android devices yet. We do have an existing idea in our Feature Suggestions board that I recommend voting for. I'm looking forward to getting that feature as well.

@wrightk I recommend giving these troubleshooting steps a try. Also, can you share any screenshots of what you're seeing when attempting the update if it continues to fail? Thanks in advance.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit When I start a workout, I have to go into the settings and set up the Customized Stats that show up in the 3 slots on the screen each time; they are reset to defaults after I sync. I did not have to do this with my Ionic. My preferences stayed. I called phone support and they said this was a known issue that engineering was already working on. Please don't tell me they lied. I love the way the Versa fits and feels on my wrist, but I don't have time to mess with settings all the time.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit wrote:

@arthurgleckler I do see your successful syncs in my backend tool, can you provide me with a couple of screenshots of what you're seeing on your Fitbit app?

Thanks for checking the back-end status.  Actually, I just got my app to start receiving messages from its companion app again by reinstalling it using Fitbit Studio.  I figured that out just after posting on a separate thread on this forum.  Here is that thread, which has more details:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Bluetooth-suddenly-failing/m-p/2692851#M16202

I don't understand why the app, which has been running fine for a long time and which I hadn't changed, suddenly stopped receiving messages from the companion app.  Even restarting the phone and watch wasn't enough to solve the problem.  But activating the Developer Bridge temporarily did it.

The Versa (classic) that you see is the music control Bluetooth connection. You'll have to make that connection again to control music from your wrist that is playing on your phone.

Ah, now I understand.  I fiddled with the music settings when I was trying to get Bluetooth to work.  That must be why the name changed.

Best Answer

@ErickFitbit E6CE8B42-E994-4B14-BE30-798329F7AC0A.png I’m so confused. In another post a Fitbit moderator said androids can receive/decline calls in the newest update. I still have to wait for my update but I would like to know if this is something I can expect because I would be so thrilled if this is actually true (along with the long waited ability for quick- text reply ). Thank you.

Best Answer

this is clearer....7043BB09-D940-42CC-8565-0F837BFDCFA9.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue, but it seemed like it was because it was trying to use the wifi that is set up on my versa and I wasnt home. Finally I chose to update via bluetooth and it worked. It took over 1 hr that way. Im also having problems now, my watch wont show calls coming in, only other notifications like text or even the missed call. Not sure if it was related to the way I updated or the update is glitchy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use Android. Here is on mine.

When someone calls me, the new notification can only hang up. There is no button for answering the call. If I press "reject", I will receive a missed call with message, call back and clear options.  If I press call back, then I can call back to the number that I missed.

As for the text or other chat app, there is no difference than what it was before. I do not see the reply on mine. Maybe I am missing something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baysidefish wrote:

I use Android. Here is on mine.

When someone calls me, the new notification can only hang up. There is no button for answering the call. If I press "reject", I will receive a missed call with message, call back and clear options.  If I press call back, then I can call back to the number that I missed.

As for the text or other chat app, there is no difference than what it was before. I do not see the reply on mine. Maybe I am missing something.

I have android and using versa.

I don't know what is going on with this update because I dont even get calls on mine anymore and I used to before this darn update. But my texts do give me the option to quick reply. It even has a feelw emojis. After I miss a call, it shows the missed call as notification and it gives me the option to message or call back. So infuriating!

Best Answer

I did leave it next to a fan.. ugh, so basically just never take it off unless I am charging it.. it suck because I got a badge for 20 K steps, and its done in error. Is there really no way to erase steps? when I click on steps (the place where it details when steps occurred) it does not even show there ... weird.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baysidefish just clarifying, So you do not have an option for quick text reply for texts? Because that is what the new update also includes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jayelo That is correct. I can set all the "pre set" reply in app, but there is no "reply" option on my phone.

But, on the missed call, there are "message", "call back" and "clear" options. If I press message, I can text back to the caller, 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't believe that the sleep stages malfunction in many of the versas is not being addressed.  I'm actually very disappointed.  I've had my versa since the 21st and purchased it for the sole purpose of this feature.  I have been very patiently waiting; believing that this issue was being worked through.  It's such a let down that this will not be fixed. I understand that many are having no problem with this feature, but many of us are.  I have tried all suggestions to fix the problem myself and nothing has worked.  I've reset the watch MULTIPLE times.  I wore it to bed extra tight (tight to the point I had indentions from the band for close to an hour upon waking up,) and made sure the HR was reading before I fell asleep; plus had it placed two finger widths above my wrist bone; fully charged.   I made sure to switch to a fitbit clock face.  Unpaired from Bluetooth with my phone, re-started the watch, re-started my phone, then re-paired through blutooth; MULTIPLE TIMES.  Finally last night I did a complete factory re-set and re-installed the versa.  Still nothing.  The only error I'm receiving is that the versa needs more that three hours of sleep to give insight.  Oh, and my sleep schedule is set from 9:30 pm to 7 am.  I go to bed fairly early every night so nine hours is definitely more than the three the versa is requesting.  I have been closely following this issue in the fitbit community for the past 7 to 10 days and know that many people are experiencing the same problem, and have tried all of the same trouble shooting.  It's really a big problem that a new firmware has been released and this was not considered important enough to be addressed.  Instead text responses was more worthy of your time and effort. If I'm wrong and this is being addressed it would be a very good piece of information to know.  I'm sure returns are taking a very big hit where they probably wouldn't if someone spoke up and told the community that you recognized this as a problem and it was being worked through. I wasn't wanting to get angry like others and instead was happily waiting on a fix, or recognization of the problem.  My patience has now ran out due to fitbits lack of communication in this area.  Again, I was so excited to get my first fitbit as I thought they would be the best in the business from their time and hard work spent in this industry.   I now agree with many others saying that fitbit customer service is terrible. Silly things were addressed in its first firmware update instead of its key features.  

Best Answer

@Baysidefish Ok. I’m assuming you are missing something, correct? Quick text reply should be an option for a text or missed call...according to the latest update. I hope you can get that feature fixed. Can’t help you though...I’m still waiting for my update lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jayelo That is what I thought. I hope you will get your update soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baysidefish Hii I have a small query regarding your post above.

So if I understood it correctly, with the latest update versa can now actually reject incoming calls on Android(by pressing reject option)  but cannot accept calls?

Or only the incoming call notification hangs-up but not the actual call?

Best Answer
0 Votes
On mine (not sure about others), I do get actual calls with reject option only. I can reject the call on versa. After that, I will receive a missed call notification with message,call back and clear options. On call back option, I can actual ly make the call out.
Best Answer