Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone and for the ones that are new to the Fitbit Community, welcome. 

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. If you're experiencing battery charging issues, please try the steps mentioned on this article

If you're still having difficulties after performing the procedure mentioned above, then get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. As for now, this thread will be closed, if needed create your own post. 

See you around. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
294 REPLIES 294

@polpocket86 Hello and Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I would give your Versa a restart with these instructions. After the restart, plug the watch back into the charging cradle and attempt setup. Let me know if you still are having trouble or have any questions. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi. Thanks for that. I tried but unfortunately when I plug it in its still saying the same thing 😞 Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

@polpocket86 Thanks for attempting that troubleshoot! 

I checked in with our Customer Support team and noticed that you have a case open and are working through this with them. Glad you are getting this sorted out. Let me know if I can help with anything else. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. I am not able to restart mine either though. I have tried several times and it never turns off. It won’t charge in the cradle no matter how many times I have tried to realign it. I have also tried different wall plug ins and my computer.

I was able to restart it but that didn’t help. It still won’t charge.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Try restarting it while it is plugged in. If that doesn't work try a factory reset with it plugged in while you reset it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Factory reset didn’t work. Now not only will it not charge, but it won’t connect to my phone.

Best Answer

Lots of people are having problems with connecting to phones try your computer. Also remove any Bluetooth pairing you have with the device and  remove it from the fitbit app than reset it up as a new device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Nquinton and @0hwell thanks for stopping by.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to fix this issue and would like to know if you have contacted our support team regarding this, have they offer you a solution?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

Yes, I contacted them and they are sending a new charging cradle, as that appears to be the problem.

Best Answer

Those are great news @Nquinton, I am glad to hear that you will be receiving a new charging cradle. If you need anything else, do not hesitate to post it.

Keep the stepping up. Robot wink

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got my new one and I have the same issue. Now need to wait for the higher support team to email me! Not a good start..

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @SunsetRunner.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your Versa battery and would like to know what troubleshoot have you tried so far? In the meantime, I recommend taking a look at the Why isn't my battery charging? article and follow the instructions provided there.

Let me know how it goes. Smiley Wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything that was advised. The charger keeps saying not enough power detected from the source... took 14 hours plugged in to trickle charge the battery and cust support had the cheek to say that I had managed to charge it. 😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, the phone has managed to charge 10 percent over 8 hours. I am extremely frustrated.

I mean Versa not phone.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have beeb dealing eith fitbit for the last few days and not getting very far. Feeling frustrated. Sounds to me like a faulty batch of chargers!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It does, I am still waiting to be contacted by support to learn what they are going to do about it. Hopefully it will involve getting a new charger to me as soon as possible! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having to trickle charge mine any opportunity I get... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How are you getting yours to trickle charge? i just got my versa in the mail last night. I put it on the charger all night and didn't charge at all. I am using an outlet on the wall, but ive tired many different ones, my car, and my computer. I tried resetting it and now its dead! Such a disappointment!!!!!

Best Answer

yes, its taking FOREVER to charge

Best Answer
0 Votes