Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa not charging

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Versa is saying not charging - not enough power at the source. Have tried on a laptop, desktop, USB plug and USB plug socket. Anyone else having the same issue? Thanks in advance 

Best Answer
294 REPLIES 294

Just purchased a new versa yesterday! It won’t charge regardless of what USB port I plug it in to. However, if you push on the side of the USB plug attached to the charging source and hold it in place, the watch begins to charge! It appears these watches are being shipped with chargers that have a faulty USB plug!

Best Answer

Hello all, I hope you are doing fine.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have been experiencing with your Versa battery. It's great to hear that some of you already have a solution for this.

For the ones that still have issues, I would like to know if you have followed the instructions I provided in my previous post? If you haven't, I recommend taking a look at them.

Catch you later. Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

the only solution is you have to change your charger

Best Answer

The only solution is a new charger, I started this post and was sent a whole new Versa but still have the old charger. The watch charges perfectly in the new charging cradle but it get the same error message on the previous charging cable,  if this does not prove that there is an issue with these chargers then Fitbit are not taking all these people seriously. 

It is not fun having to jump through hoops for what in fact is a faulty item. I was not impressed with the support team at all.

Stop messing people about, build brand reputation and just send out new chargers!!

I am happy with the watch now its working, just unhappy with the journey and fight I had to get here!!

Good luck to those still waiting for replacements

Julie

Best Answer
I researched before I contacted support and even told them so and that it was clearly faulty and I still had a one week issue trying to get a new charger!
Best Answer
0 Votes

LONG STORY SHORT this is an issue across the board. I called and they wanted me to jump through several hoops but at the end of the day we all know this is a faulty charger. I understand that electronics sometimes have these glitches, but this is unacceptable that they are aware of the issue and pretending that there is not one. I referenced the thousands of responses online regarding the faulty charger and demanded it be shipped overnight. I will update when it is received on Monday or Tuesday!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I've been told the charger is on back order and will be up to 3 weeks!
Best Answer
I got an email saying it should be here Tuesday!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just get a third party charger. I just got this one to test and compare. It's way easier and better than the original.

Update: In the last 8 minutes, it's charged from 20% to 32% so definitely faster.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07BRP6SWB/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1526131584&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX2...

20180512_142432.jpg

20180512_142235.jpg

20180512_142338.jpg

Best Answer

Yes, I exchanged my watch the following day, trying out the new charger before I left the store. I never bothered with any of the steps once I realized the USB connection was faulty! You would think costumer service would have figured this out without sending people on a pointless series of fruitless steps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit customer service is useless - anyone buying a Fitbit device should know this. They're leagues behind Apple, Pebble, Samsung and Google (Wear OS), which is why they bought out Pebble. Only reason I got this device is due to battery life, Android being more compatible, having Fitbit Pay (NFC payments are the best), how light it is and good it looks, and excellent sleep and activity tracking. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for this!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re welcome 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa is exactly the same. I have tried all the suggested remedies to no avail. No matter how I position it on the cradle it will not show a charging progress, although it did on 1st charge 3 days ago. Extremely disappointed. 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you purchased it at a store take it back and ask for an exchange. I purchased mine from The Source and had no issues getting a new watch. If not, demand a new charger from Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Temporary Fix to "No Charging Issue"

Problem is because contacts on watch don't make contact with contacts on cradle.

Temporary Solution

Wrap rubber band around cradle

Then rollup a small ball of rubber bands (to avoid scratching watch face) and place under original rubber band. This will create pressure for the contacts on the watch to meet contacts on the cradle.

Watch should start charging (worked in my situation).

I only bought my watch 2 days ago from Kohls Department store and I know it was a new shipment of watches. Reason I mention this is because it is sad that my cradle had to be from a recent batch and it seems Fitbit has still not corrected this problem.

Hopefully my next cradle will work

Follow - up

Received new charger from Fitbit yesterday (3 day delivery) Works like a charm

Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem wasn’t the cradle it was a faulty USB plug on the end of the cable.

Best Answer

no matter how hard u push the watch on the charger, it wont work. u have to replace the charger, 

Best Answer

Update: my replacement charger shipped Saturday and is scheduled to be deleiverd today. IF they tell you it’s back ordered it’s a lie! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will update when new charger arrives to see if this was the fix for my versa.

Best Answer
0 Votes