Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa versus Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone know when the Charge 3 is going to be released? I'm patiently awaiting this so that I can compare the features & design of both the Versa and the Charge 3 to decide which is for me as I know I want to upgrade, it's just which one to upgrade to ... 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I know the Charge 2 is getting on a bit but it's still a very able device. I think the main thing you need to decide is whether you need/want the added smart watch features of the Versa. Otherwise the Charge 2 is still a very good buy. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Fitbit doesn't announce future products in advance, so this isn't something anyone can answer at this point. Sometimes we hear rumours of upcoming devices on tech blogs, but they are just that, rumours. I've not heard any mention of a Charge 3 so unfortunately you could be waiting for a while (fitbit may not even release a Charge 3 at all). 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Thank you so much N8teGee, very much appreciate your feedback - I shall eagerly await the in boxing of the Versa videos to see how large it is on a smaller wrist to decide if it's for me - as ideally I would prefer something between an Alta & an Ionic size & design wise, so an updated Charge 2 would have been perfect - time & patience will tell 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

*unboxing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know the Charge 2 is getting on a bit but it's still a very able device. I think the main thing you need to decide is whether you need/want the added smart watch features of the Versa. Otherwise the Charge 2 is still a very good buy. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Best Answer

Thank you - it' the full waterproofing that is most appealing, decisions to be made indeed - your thoughts are invaluable & decisions to be made, thank you 🙂 

Best Answer

I guess it depends on what you will be using it for.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

@KateLAr  The Versa is definitely smaller than the Ionic.  You can compare the device sizes on the Fitbit Store.  The Versa has a 1.34" diagonal face vs the Ionic 1.42" diagonal face.  Plus the Ionic has the beveled edge and the Versa does not.  My wrist measures 6".  None of my friends say that my Ionic is too big for my wrist. 

The dimensions of the Versa are very close to the Blaze.  That would be a good real life comparison.  If I didn't own an Ionic, I would replace my Charge 2 with a Versa.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This is the question indeed - I only want a tracker, however it's very possible I would outgrow that before long... poignant question indeed, thank you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much - I hadn't twigged that the dimensions are close to a blaze, so that gives me a good starting place for now, much appreciated 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've no idea how I accepted my own comment as a solution - spot the newbie here 😂😂😂😂😂 thank you so much for your help everyone, food for thought indeed 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

@KateLAr  I "unaccepted" your inadvertent acceptance.  Welcome to the Community -- it certainly seems you got quick answers to your questions. 

To help you a bit more, if you click on the ellipsis in the upper right, you get several options including editing your posts, finding out who voted for posts, and correcting inadvertent "accepting".

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thank you lots 😊

Best Answer

There is a thread here where somebody got it early so yiu can see what it looks like on a wrist https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Whoops-I-have-a-Versa/m-p/2623595#M1094

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much - weighing it up at the moment - I actively do not want phone calls & text notifications on my wrist, however I like the idea of fitbit coach & the women's features on there, so would I be paying for a smart watch that half the features if no interest .... decisions decisions....

On the flip side, the lavender band is soooooo pretty 

#firstworldproblems 😉

Best Answer

I caved & pre-ordered at 11pm last night & mine still says 'order received'

Surely my impatience is completely justified & not at all unreasonable?

Where's that breathe app when you need it? 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was excited to open my Versa yesterday and was surprised on how big it is. Wish they had a smaller size for women. It's almost too big. I will see if i can get used to it

Best Answer
0 Votes

i really hope they do release a Charge 3, one that is super thin, sleek, and light.  After all, this device is not meant to be a watch but is more of a band so why not make it the tiniest sleekest band that is still functional.  The only reason I want a fitness "band" over a fitness watch is because I like wearing mechanical (real) watches.  

Best Answer

Someone pointed out on these boards that Skinomi (who makes awesome screen protectors) has a screen protector for the Fitbit Charge 3 listed on Amazon set to be available on Sept 15, 2018.  Sure enough I went to Amazon, and the product is there with a release date of 9/15/2018.  So what does Skinomi know that we don't know?  The Versa looks interesting, but the idea that there may be a Charge 3 coming this fall is making me think it might be worth waiting.  I love the size of the Charge 2 and with some tweeking (always on display, full notification capability, reply to texts, music controls etc) a potential Charge 3 with those things would be a deal breaker for me over the Versa.   Guess we will have to wait to find out. 

Best Answer

The charge 3 is supposed to be made with Gorilla glass so i don't think the screen protector would be needed. The versa is quite bulky in design and the screen cracks easily. I took my daughter to a gymnastics class and the side of the screen cracked when i went in to give her a hug and tapped it against the table by accident. Didn't think anything of it until i saw the crack minutes later. My husband's versa screen also cracked a week before mine when he was at the gym. You'd think this would be better quality considering it is 1 of their 2 high end smart watches.  

Best Answer
0 Votes