Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won't stay charged

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The first few days that I have my Versa was great! Now it won't stay charged. I know the 4 day thing is a case by case thing. Mine used to last a few days. Now I get a day and sometimes a day and a half with it. Fully charged in the morning and by the following morning it's almost dead. I have just the Fitbit made clock face with the photo from my camera. Am I missing something running in the background? Something else going wrong?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

A warm welcome to the Community @Tara85.

I am sorry to hear about the battery issue you are experiencing with your Versa and appreciate the efforts in trying to fix this. If your watch isn't holding a charge, I recommend taking a look at this post and follow the instructions provided there.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

I charge it through an outlet worth the original charger and I have an iPhone. It was at 100% when I went to bed last night at 11:30pm and now at 6:50am it's already at 72%. It's not staying charged a whole day at this point...

Best Answer
0 Votes

mine won’t stay charged either. I’m charging once a day cuz it goes from 100% to off. What can i do to remedy this?? Very annoying. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa won’t last longer than 8 hours. Heart rate monitor stopped working as well. 

Best Answer

I am also having issues with mine staying charged, I’ve had it since March and it was perfect at first last multiple days without a charge, it now dies in only a few hours and I’ve tried cleaning the Fitbit and charging unit and nothing seems to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same issues as well.  The couple days of having it the charge remained strong and after the first month the watch runs out of power within 24 hours.  my Surge never did that and I had it for over 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having the same problem. I have charged the Versa to 100% and in less than 6 hours, it is completely dead - 0%. This shouldn't be happening when it's not even 6 months old!! I've cleaned the prongs, plugged it into the wall instead of the USB and have also used my husband's fitbit charger.

No response from customer service. I am so frustrated....

Best Answer
0 Votes
contact fitbit, it is probably defective. They replaced mine for free
Best Answer

I ditched the Versa and Fitbit life and upgraded to a Garmin. My battery charge lasts a week, even with 8 hour + workouts. Fitbit is garbage!!!

Best Answer

I am having lots of trouble with my versa. I’ve been on 2 long hikes in the last couple of days, and by the end of the hike my verse is dead and has lost all the hike information. These hikes have lasted from 3 to 7 hours. The versa was fully charged when I started.   Temperature was in the mid-80s at the highest during these hikes.  I do not have any notifications or music on my versa. In my mind the watch is faulty and needs replacement. Any suggestions or help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you contact them? Other than forms and groups online, they don’t seem to offer any contact information, not even a phone number.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is the same problem I have started having. I have had mine since last fall, and have had no issues. I haven’t changed anything, but all of a sudden, the last 3-4 days it doesn’t even hold a charge for 8 hrs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had mine since January 2020, and literally the last 2 days, exact same thing. Left it laying on the dining room table overnight last night, and it was dead this morning. Nothing has been changed. It is now charging, and according to charge speed, appears to be charging normally. Guaranteed it will die again within 24 hours again without even being worn. Time for me to leave fitbit behind after many years.

Best Answer