Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa registers extra steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I also own a Charge 2 ..... Battery last for nearly 7 days, it auto recognizes my exercises (I hate pressing buttons) ... it only fails when it comes to measures max HR peaks during sprints.

The new sensor on the Versa does this better. 

Right now the firmware has a lot of flaws and most of them are know since many month. Some of them even exist on the Ionic since it was launched.

There is no firmware update since months and Fitbit is holding back information what is changed most of the time.

Flaws and problems I proofed myself

Counting steps in various situations

cycling less than 20 minutes not recognised or detected as sport

Heart rate readings too high in Fitbit Versa

steps during cycling exercise and heartrate difference compared to charge2

Counts steps while driving

Exercise settings overwritten after every sync

.mp3 songs with special characters in the filename not loaded when using a .m3u playlist

problems regarding watch faces

SPO2 sensor not supported

I also tested Samsungs, Garmins and Polar trackers. They also fail in different situations, are to big, battery only last 2 days, do not have 24h HR tracking, no or bad sleep tracking,... but most of them have GPS 😉

So my bottom line is, that the Versa still could be a goal winner, when the firmware improves (points from above), quality issues like "black screens" or water in the watch are history and the built in SPO2 sensor is supported !

Moderator edit: added label

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @5ggggg

Thanks for posting this, there is a lot of testig that needs to be done before they can send out the firmware upgrade for these matters. 

Glad your enjoying your Versa like the rest of us. 

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

I put the Versa on the shelf until the next firmware update ... use my Charge 2 again .... and hope that the Charge 3 will do a better job  Smiley Frustrated

Best Answer
0 Votes