Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Secrets Not Being Generated for Newly Registered Apps

ANSWERED

We've identified a bug on the Fitbit side that prevents developers from seeing the client secret when they register a new application on https://dev.fitbit.com.

We've identified the issue on our side and we're currently working on a fix. Let us know if this is blocking you and we can work with you to get you back on track.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Our fix was released earlier this week and new clients should be receiving client secrets as expected now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
44 REPLIES 44

Hi David,

Any ETA on when this might be fixed? I was beginning a project and unable to get client secret. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the posting.  I just registered my first app today and I am blocked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@All, applications should have now valid client secret. Please let us know if it is anything that still blocking you guys. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also seem to be blocked by same thing.  Just set up my account and the client secret is not showing.  (It's not in the page HTML either as far as I can tell)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still getting no secret

Best Answer
0 Votes

application I registered some hours ago had gotten a secret
the new one does not get it

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried registering an app and no keys either. Doesn't appear to be fixed, unless there's some kind of delay.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm good now...Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just registered a new app. Client Secret is still missing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Secret is blank on new app generation. What is the workaround?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried to register an app today, but the client secret is still empty. What can I do to obtain one?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm trying to create a new app and the client secret is not displaying. Please let me know how I can get this fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, We are blocked with this issue. We are trying to use fitbit apis to give real time demo for one of our IoT application but this issue is blocking us. can u please help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue, any ideas when this will be resolved I have an app that it is all test and I want to go live with!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello David,

I tried creating a new application and gone through the usual registration process. However, the client secret is still missing. Do you have an ETA for the fix please since this is a major blocker for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just created an app and have no client secret. When will this be resolved?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Client Secrets appeared for me after a few hours, after creating the new app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any ETA on this repair?  We have a newly created app that needs to be configured as soon as possible

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Everyone,

Apologies for the delay in rolling out a fix. In the meantime, we are actively fixing all affected users approximately once every 4 hrs. Thank you for your patience.

Best Answer