Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer access to intraday heart-rate data for clients

I have a fitbit developer's licence to acquire data from people partaking in a mood-episode detection project. I can acquire my own intraday heart-rate data with up to 10 sec accuracy for at least 40 days. However when I try to access our patients' data by logging on to their fitbit account myself I cannot retrieve the intraday data in my app (written in R using the httr package). The GET statement only returns basic info including some daily statistics and includes a 403 error message. When I try to access the intraday data it comes up with list error in R.

My research team has institutional ethics permission to access our subjects' data via my developer's authorization. We would like to be able to log on to patients' accounts as part of our evaluation process.

Any advice would be appreciated as we are trying to develop an app that minimizes the risk of our patients' suffering a debilitating mood episode. For this purpose they need not have to log on to their accounts themselves as they have already given us permission to do so of their behalf.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@rachelannoz Do you know what the exact error response is?

Assuming you've been granted Intraday Time Series access by Fitbit, then the 403s are likely due to users not granting all the required scopes.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes