Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Fitbit API]: How to get last data sync(upload) timestamp?

ANSWERED

Hi guys,

We are using Fitbit API to get Daily Activity Summary, Sleep data, etc. Sometimes our users does not synchronize their mobile Fitbit apps with Fitbit server and complain about data mismatch. We'd like to display notification about last sync timestamp. 

From API documentation I don't see any possibility to implement such feature straightforward and think about workarounds.

We've noticed that DailySummary data includes steps count only in case when device was synchronized this day. In this case we can use DailySummary date as approximate sync timestamp.

Please let me know if you see better way to get sync date or think that approach described above is bad idea.

Thank You in advance,

Yauhen

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Hansovovich Have you considered the devices endpoint? You'll be able to see last sync time of the device for the user.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Hansovovich Have you considered the devices endpoint? You'll be able to see last sync time of the device for the user.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!

looks like I've missed thus part of API.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But this API does not return time zone offset with lastSysctime parameter then how we can convert it to local time?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Bajrang.  You can get the offset time from the Profile endpoint, /1/user/-/profile.json.  This endpoint will return the offsetFromUTCMilllis.  Will that help you?

Gordon Crenshaw
Senior Technical Solutions Consultant
Fitbit Partner Engineering & Web API Support | Google
Best Answer
0 Votes