Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Activities between datetime (API)

Hello, I was trying to get the activity of one account between two datetimes using the api. This is the request I'm trying to do: 

/activities/calories/date/2017-04-25/1d/15min/time/08:00:00/08:30:00.json

This is the response:

{"data":{"errors":[{"errorType":"insufficient_permissions","message":"API client is not authorized by Fitbit to access the resource requested. Visit https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/oauth2 for more information on the Fitbit Web API authorization process."}],"success":false},"success":true}

Those are the scope that I use when I set the permissions: activity heartrate location nutrition profile settings sleep social weight

So I have a couple of questions:
What do I need to do for this request success?,
Can I make one request to get all activities between datetimes?
Is there another endpoint to get account activities between datetimes?

Thanks for all, I would appreciate any help.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@SoyAlive You're trying to access Intraday Data when you don't have permission. You can either set your app type to "Personal" in your app settings, or you can request access to Intraday Data. Read more here.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrew, thanks for you answer. I use the "Personal" settings and works perfectly, I can search what I want, but the problem is that I have more than one accounts, and each account needs to request the same thing, but when I'm trying to sign in with not the "Personal" account I have an error. Obviously I understand why, but do I have another kind of solution for this? I need more than one account in my app with the Intraday Data access. 

Let me know and thanks for everything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SoyAlive You would have to request access via private API support (and, if granted access, would have to change your app type). The documentation has a little explanation on requesting access.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Andrew, thanks for everything, I have this ticket: #19114173. Could you please tell me if the ticket is in the right track? I really need this approval. I sent this subject:

"SoyAlive is already in business and part of our services required the use of more than one fitbit device, this act is encouraging people to buy fitbits devices. Our app allows our clients to have a fitness tracker and we are encouraging people to include the device to be use to be part in their lives.

I use the "Personal" settings and works perfectly, I can search what I want, but the problem is that I have more than one account, and each account needs to request the same thing, but when I'm trying to sign in with not the "Personal" account I have an error. Obviously I understand why, but I need more than one account in my app with the Intraday Data access. We really need to be capable as an app to configure more than one fitbit account. Which are the next steps to have access granted?

If you require direct contact, you can email to rodrigo@begreenchile.cl

Looking forward to an answer."

Let me know, thanks!, 
Best Answer
0 Votes