Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain multiple user login session on same browser

Hi Community

I am building a node-angular app using Fitbit-client node package where I can authenticate a user and I am able to hit the API and grab the user data. But when I want to get the data of another user with different clientId and ClientSecret. The app tells that the app is Personal and You cant get the data. Is there any way I can get the data from other user too as both the profiles are created by me so there is no security breach in this case OR if I try to login with different clientId and secret it can redirect me to login screen where I can login with the credentials corresponding to the clientid and secret of another user and grab the data. I want to achieve this on the same browser but I am afraid its not working as the moment I logged in the first time after that it uses the same credentials(using browser session or cookies) for the other user too which dont allow me to get the data as the apps are all 'PERSONAL'

I am in very much urgency to get this done due to project deadlines. Please help me out.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@vishalvitz,

Why not just run two sessions of the browser.  One in conventional mode and the other in InPrivate mode and just refresh each session?

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Brother

I have to maintain 4 player session to track there real time data. Opening four different browsers or opening other in private mode will be a cumbersome task. I want to achieve in one browser in 4 different tabs as that will be easy to operate too.

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi,

I have the same problem wondered if you figured a way around this,

Thankes

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can't maintain multiple user sessions in the same browser. You also can't get real time data because you can only pull data if a user has synced. Might want to consider using subscriptions if you want data as it becomes available.

Andrew | Community Moderator, Fitbit

What motivates you?

Best Answer
0 Votes