Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Subscriber added - no notifications received

ANSWERED

Hello Fitbit team,

We have implemented Fitbit integration on our platform for a long time now and we had configured our initial subscriber endpoint as "JSON file" type. We'd like to change this without any impact on our member base to the recomended and more popular "JSON body" type. So, in an effort to have as little impact as possible, we created a new endoint that would accept "JSON body" (Content-Type: application/json). On a test environment, I have disabled the previous Endpoint, ENabled the new one - set the new one as default (when we create member subscriptions we don't populate the Subscriber ID - so, according to Fitbit documentation - the notifications should be sent to the default one). Unfortunatelly none of these work for me. As soon as I switch to the new Subscriber - no notifications are coming in. Going back to the old one seem to work. I even tryied setting the new subscriber with the old one's Subscriber id. Nothing seems to work. Is there a reason why notifications don't go the "default" configured subscriber? Also, is there any easy way (without a timedown and impact on our members) to change the subscriber's type? 

Thank you,

Roxana

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Subscriptions are tied to subscriber endpoints. If you want to subscriptions notifications to be sent to a new endpoint, you need to update the URL of the subscriber endpoint that the subscription was associated with when it was created.

Alternatively, you can create new subscriptions on your new subscriber endpoint. You can specify which subscriber endpoint a subscription should be associated with by using the X-Fitbit-Subscriber-Id header.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
Please try to remove and add this subscriber back. We had a momentary
glitch which may have affected you. This has been already resolved.
--
Best Regards
Ivan Bahdanau
Ivan Bahdanau
Senior Software Developer at Fitbit
Best Answer

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for getting back to me. 

Are you sure this is fixed? I have removed the 'new subscriber' - deleted it, saved, edit again, added it again - set as default - disabled old one and even set the subcriberid for new one as the one of the old one and still no notifiactions. as soon as I enable the old one, notifications are flowing in.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Roxana,

Can you check that your subscriber is verified

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Shane ,

I can confirm the subscriber has been verified - that was the first thing I did once I added the subscriber

Best Answer
0 Votes

Subscriptions are tied to subscriber endpoints. If you want to subscriptions notifications to be sent to a new endpoint, you need to update the URL of the subscriber endpoint that the subscription was associated with when it was created.

Alternatively, you can create new subscriptions on your new subscriber endpoint. You can specify which subscriber endpoint a subscription should be associated with by using the X-Fitbit-Subscriber-Id header.

Best Answer