Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Removal Tool

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I lost the tool to remove the battery - can I get a replacement? A coin just tears up the case.....
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Forums my friend @Murphy24! Mmmm...currently we don't sell just the battery door for the Zip tracker.  you've tried using a coin and it didn't work, my best advice would be to contact Fitbit Customer Support directly. They will take a good care of you and your Zip. Smiley Very Happy

Good luck! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums my friend @Murphy24! Mmmm...currently we don't sell just the battery door for the Zip tracker.  you've tried using a coin and it didn't work, my best advice would be to contact Fitbit Customer Support directly. They will take a good care of you and your Zip. Smiley Very Happy

Good luck! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Customer service has no solution either.  There is no replacement for a lost tool.  So I was unhappy that the referral to them implied there was a solution.  It is a dead end and the only way to remove the cover withouot the tool you lost is to find the right size coin.  Canadian coin works better than the nickle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let me know if you have any luck - I emailed back and forth trying to get a new "key" and was told to use a coin, even though I told them it didn't work well.  I had great customer service when I had some problems early on, but I haven't been impressed with the latest round.  If I don't have any luck before my latest battery dies, I'm going to see if my husband can make something for me.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my zip. They told me to use a coin and it just tears up the device. I haven't found another solution to open it yet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I have lost the toll that I need tochnge the battery. I tried using a coin but I can't get the back off to replace the batter. I actually have two zips and I can't get the back off of either. Di you sell the piece?

Thank you,

Janet

Best Answer
0 Votes

Are you able to send me a replacement tool?

Best Answer
0 Votes