Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just replaced the battery Saturday and it's down to half full 3 days later. I don't have any updates available. How can I get my battery to last?

Moderator edit: subject updated for clarity

Best Answer
68 REPLIES 68
Look at the Inspire. It can be worn in a clip like the Zip. It recharges and lasts a week or more per charge. It’s not perfect, but it’s the best alternative to the Zip.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

What, the Inspire that's discontinued and not available anywhere?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just bought an Inspire on ebay two months ago for myself and bought another
a few days ago for my wife. Love it, battery lasts at least two weeks.
*Randy Patton*
*661-565-7087*
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying to myself.  Irrelevant now, I've managed to get my old One apart and fitted a new battery.  

Best Answer
Okay, then the Inspire 2 to be precise.
https://www.fitbit.com/global/en-ca/products/trackers/inspire2?sku=418BKBK

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Irrelevant now, I've replaced the battery in my One.  I'm back up to full strength.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know this is a really old, long-running conversation, but I think I've just inadvertently stumbled on the cause of the battery-draining problem with the Fitbit Zip.  I finally gave up on mine ages ago after burning through a mountain of disposable batteries. My wife was curious though, so I'd given it to her to play with. She hasn't had a tracker before and wasn't interested in syncing it to a computer or phone. She's effectively just using it like an old-school pedometer - i.e. to measure steps. Suddenly we find the battery has lasted at least two weeks - far longer than I was getting with it. This suggests that it must have been the bluetooth technology which was sucking the life out of the battery. Apologies if this has already been canvassed in this extremely long-running conversation - I haven't read much of it. I suspect Fitbit has known about this for years, and it's not much consolation to any poor soul who might be still trying to get this rubbish product to do what was promised on the box - but interesting nonetheless.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whatever was draining batteries when I first posted to this a long time ago resolved itself somehow because my batteries started lasting a long time again.  However, this week the massive drain is back again.  The app said my battery was medium and it just died.  Changed the battery and 1day later got the email that my battery needed to be changed.  The app said the battery was half full, but it died overnight.  I changed it again today and am waiting to see how long this one lasts.  I just use it for steps so don’t need anything fancy.  Very frustrating. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I replaced battery yesterday and today it shows dead this has repeated for three times know. I pulled an old fitbit zip and it show battery is fine. What would I tinker with to have the connection align.

Best Answer