Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Zip will not sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My FitBit Zip synced yesterday without any problem.  I changed nothing. 

Today it will not sync.  

I use Bluetooth to sync via an app on my laptop.  The device is paired in Bluetooth.  

I have tried: 

unpair device - remove battery - wait - reinsert battery - pair device in bluetooth - did not fix the problem 

log out of the app that is installed on my laptop and then log back into the app -- did not fix the probelm 

What can I do to resolve this?  

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
If you contact them its easily sorted. I followed their advice: Unpaired my zip, set up my zip as a,new device, bingo!!

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

I'm having the exact same problem. Has not synced with my telephone for two days so today I did some troubleshooting and turned off Bluetooth we did 10 seconds shut my phone down turned on the phone turn on Bluetooth and still not syncing help

Best Answer

Same here. I sync with bluetooth on my phone. Did the battery and the phone off and on again. My app finds the tracker and it looks like it start syncing and then it stops.

It will sync with my pc though. So i would say ther is something with the app.

Best Answer

Same here, closed and opened Bluetooth, turned phone on and off, changed battery, re installed app

Best Answer

mine is doing the exact same thing

Best Answer

Having the exact same problem since 1st June 17. Battery on Fitbit is full and paired with laptop. No reason not updating from what I can see.!!!!

Best Answer

same here but I'm using a pc. synced friday evening then stopped. email inquiries are 2 days out for response..

Best Answer

I'm in the same boat... I have tried everything listed here with the same results.... nothing.

Best Answer
I tweeted, got back to me in a few hours, all sorted x

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly my problem. Think I'm through with Fitbit. At least my other two worked for 11 months and 7 months, This one is only a month old and it says it can't sync because the device is sync'd to something else. No it isn't

Best Answer

Is this a connection problem with Fitbit and not our devices?

Best Answer

@Kazimac wrote:
I tweeted, got back to me in a few hours, all sorted x

How about sharing what they did to "sort you out"

Best Answer
If you contact them its easily sorted. I followed their advice: Unpaired my zip, set up my zip as a,new device, bingo!!

Best Answer

I did that early today.  Did not work guess I will try again. 

Best Answer

Worked this time. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Kazimac wrote:

This worked... the key is to set it up as a new device... Thanks Kazimac

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am NOT going to remove and add my zip as a new device every month because It won't sync. I AM going to tell people not to buy Fitbit until they can fix this sync problem that has been going on for at least 2 years that I know of

Best Answer

Mine did exactly the same thing which is why I think it's a problem with the Fitbit network

Best Answer

@rustell wrote:

@Kazimac wrote:

This worked... the key is to set it up as a new device... Thanks Kazimac

Well .... it worked once. The only way I can get mine to sync is to set it up as a new fit-bit.

Best Answer

I have the same problem since June 2nd...did all the obvious fixes...maybe this is a FItBit issue they need to resolve?

Best Answer