Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Google Fit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to connect Google fit with fitbit ??

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @AirunJae! Great research, thanks for checking the information that we have here. 

We really appreciate you comment, as you might noticed even thought we are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals; we continue to evaluate new partners and we will update you if once we have news about this. Rest assure that I'll pass along your feedback. I understand you decision, but in case that you change your mind you can check all features that might be useful for you here.

Thanks again for reaching out!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

And again: Quickly changed the state to solved instead of offering a proper solution...

I personally went back to use the Fitbit Flex despite the horrible integration, because it's the simplest tracker money could buy me. The only useable device on the market without display that is small enough to hide away.

Back to topic:

Fit to Fit only synchronizes the steps, but Fitbit is much more then just the steps. It recognizes activities, but all those informations are lost in the process.

A better option then Fit to Fit is the Runtastic app which I am currently using. It synchronizes some of the Fitbit activities to Google Fit. It still looses a lot, but for my personal requirements it's a somewhat good fit. 

A third option would be to use the application IFTTT (if this than that) to push Fitbit data into another fitness app that then synchronizes with Google Fit. I use this app to integrate other services into my Google Home (ask for the position of my robot vacuum, shopping list things, stuff like that). Waiting for a better integration from IFTTT to ask my Google Home in the future how far away my step goal still is.

Then there is exist.io which claims to do everything right. But it's a service which costs money in a subscription model. I haven't tested this one yet.

But still: I wouldn't accept any solution until there is something offered from Fitbit itself that includes all tracked activities. Which shouldn't be too hard to do. EVERY other tracker manufacturer has Google Fit integration. Even the dirt cheap chinese Xiaomi devices can be synced. The other big boys like Polar are doing that since like ever. Only Fitbit is 3 years behind schedule.

Heretic leading question:
Is it true that those fitness tracker companies that went bust or more or less vanished from the market over the last couple of years (yawbone, misfit, withings, ...) where those who tried to stay above everybody else and weren't open enough to integrate into the complex ecosystem that are IoT devices?

Best Answer

Hi @Lochkarte, thank you for sharing your feedback.

We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your request, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

I'll let you know if anything changes, thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

What about from google fit to fitbit

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit family @TheeRob! It's great to see you participating in our Community.

As mentioned before, our team is always reviewing options to our users but in this case with the launch of Fitbit Ionic/Versa has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery. Thanks for your interest in this feature, we'll let you know if anything changes. 

Let me know if you have questions about this. 

Best Answer

The app appears to have been removed.

Are there any alternatives?

I'm kind of forced to integrate fitbit into my tracking by my HMO.

It would be nice if my established google fit systems and this could integrate.

The app appears to have been removed.

Are there any alternatives?

I'm kind of forced to integrate fit bit into my tracking by my HMO.

It would be nice if my established google fit systems and this could integrate.

Also not adding the name of your product to your spell check is silly.

Best Answer

Agreed. I won't buy another Fitbit device again.

Would love an Apple watch, but they don't work with Android phones =(

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an email from him, he updated the app and they pulled him from the store without saying why. He hopes to get it back in there soon. 

Best Answer

Please let me know if it gets reinstated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hi everybody, thanks for your feedback! It's really helpful for us. Your voice is being heard. We're actively reviewing your responses and providing feedback to our product development team. 

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Wait... what? This is an issue??? You've got to be kidding me.

I might cancel my pre-order for a special-edition Charge 3 unless this is going to get resolved. I'm an Android user, this integration is critical.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @sremick. Nice to see you here.

Thanks for reaching out the Forums. Sorry to hear that you deciding to return your Fitbit due to we don't have this feature. I'll pass this information to our team, as a company we value users' comments to evaluate and determine what we need to change in future updates. Thanks again for sharing this information.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

Anyone have any luck with going from google fit to fitbit? I've purchased a watch with wearOS, Ive been a longtime fitbit user and love my tracking and friends etc. I may end up back here eventually but wanted to try it.

Best Answer

Hi @pallain, thanks for posting your inquiry here. I'm happy to see that you love your Fitbit but at this moment we don't have an update for this specific feature. I'll let you know if anything changes.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

To use this app, you are allowing a 3rd party to access both your Fitbit data and Google Fit data, and it seems both a privacy and security concern to me.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @QawsQAER, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. 

Thanks for your question about Fitbit and privacy. We believe in being transparent about our data practices. We work hard to keep your data safe. We give you settings to control how your information is shared, and we ask you for your information so we can provide you with great products.

Please review our Privacy Policy at https://www.fitbit.com/legal/privacy-policy. There you will learn about the data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Best Answer

I would also like for this application to sync directly to Google fit without the need to trust an unrelated party. Please add my vote to the suggestion.

Best Answer

Does Fit to Fit transfer the data in real time, or do you have to run it every time you want to update Google Fit?

Thnx,

-TAC

Best Answer
It syncs once a day

Sent from my mobile, sorry for any typo's
Best Answer

Hi @Traveler42 @TAC57 and @back_ache. Nice to see you here guys. My apologies for the delay.   

You can add your vote to that suggestion here: Integration with Google Fit. As mentioned before, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. The status of this request has been changed to "Not currently planned", as the launch of Fitbit Ionic/Versa has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community. 

For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes, so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

@back_ache thanks for helping our friend @TAC57, that's a really good question. You can check this type of inquiries with them directly. In case that you have Fitbit Plus, check the steps here: Syncing Fitbit Plus with Google Fit.

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes