Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Google Fit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there any way to connect Google fit with fitbit ??

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I found an app called Fit to Fit. It transfers my info from my Fitbit to Google Fit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
65 REPLIES 65

Welcome to the Forums @Innafed! At the moment, Fitbit don't have immediate plans to integrate with Google Fit. You can read the official answer and share your ideas in the main Feature Suggestion: Integration with Google Fit.

Notice that we’re evaluating integrations with new platforms as their features and benefits are revealed. You can check the list of compatible apps at Fitbit.com/partnership.

Catch you later! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

Sadly it appears that Fitbit has zero intention to listen to its customers and add Google Fit integration. We've been asking for it for literally 4 years. Their response? Let someone else figure it out.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @jjpeace! Thanks for sharing your input about the Fitbit integrations. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience.

As mentioned above, there are no current plans to integrate the Fitbit App and Google Fit. Please share your ideas or comments in our Feature Suggestions board at: Integration with Google Fit.

You can check out the list of compatible apps at Fitbit.com/partnership. We keep evaluating integrations with new platforms as their features and benefits are revealed. Fitbit remains committed to supporting all of our users, whether they sync their Fitbit products. 

Keep up the super stepping! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

How is this considered solved? This isn't a solution, it's "nope can't do it."

Best Answer

How you doing my friend @jwkicklighter? Welcome! Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for sharing your comment. I'd like to clarify that when people start a new topic they have the option to choose what post is the best response for their inquiry, and they have also the option to choose which one is the "Accepted Solution" for them. It was the correct one for this inquiry at that time. I've updated the thread now, thanks to your request.

We continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. The status of this request has been changed to "Not currently planned", as the launch of Fitbit Ionic/Versa has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Sadly I would think the reason they haven't done it is political rather than technological

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing your comment @back_ache! Our team is always reviewing options to our users but in this case, as mentioned above with the launch of Fitbit Ionic/Versa has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery. Thanks for your interest in this feature, we'll let you know if anything changes. 

Let me know if you have questions about this. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I would also very warmly see Fitbit connecting directly with Google Fit. Please prioritize this feature. That would help me and many of your Android users. Kind regards, Hanna

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply Yojana, the missing feature we are asking for would likely happen not on our devices but between yours and Google servers using "API's" so our individual models would be irrelevant.

I think to expect loyal customers to throw away thier equipment and buy a new one because of your choice to change architecture is not a great strategy, there will be a time when we naturally want to upgrade, but our choice to choose fitbit will depend on how we and the models we own are treated now.

Anyway, thanks for championing our causes and interacting with us.

Best Answer

Welcome to the thread @HKI, nice to see you around. Thanks for sharing your thoughts @back_ache. Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing your comment and feedback about why you're interested in having this feature. I really understand where you're coming from but at this moment we don't have more details about this feature. I'll definitely will pass this information to our team, since your point of view is very important for us. 

Thanks a million for being part of Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

In Europe we have a rising trend of health insurance companies running bonus programs based on your tracked activities. In Germany the insurance AOK and in Switzerland there is Helsana, just to name two of them.

Both insurers have own Apps for your mobile which are gathering your activity data via Google Fit or Apple Health and you collect Points for active days. For me not having my data in Google Fit means missing out on over 100 Swiss Franks (roughly 100 Dollar) a year on bonus payments.

A large number of Swiss insurers have already announced that they will offer similar Apps and bonus programs in the next one to two years.

Today my package with a brand new Fitbit Flex 2 arrived, I unpacked it, charged it and connected it to my phone. Then I realized, that I am not able to sync my Steps into Google Fit.

So guess what: I put the Flex 2 back in it's packaging and it is going back to the retailer it came from first thing in the morning.

I am very disappointed right now.

Best Answer

Like others are saying, there is no reason for me to buy a Fitbit product when my Android Wear watch syncs with the ecosystem I use. My old Flex is collecting dust, and I have no desire to purchase a replacement without Google Fit sync.

Best Answer

Thanks for your participation in the forums @Lochkarte and @jwkicklighter!

I really appreciate the time you took to place your feedback here. Sorry to hear that you decided to return your Fitbit due to we don't have this feature. I'll pass this information to our team, as a company we value users' comments to evaluate and determine what we need to change in future updates. Thanks again for sharing this information.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Answer

I found an app called Fit to Fit. It transfers my info from my Fitbit to Google Fit.

Best Answer
Perfect, I'll check it out 🙂
Best Answer

Hi @MsBina thanks a million for sharing this information. I think that you'd like it @back_ache.

I took a look of the App and it looks that has a lot of really good options. FitToFit - Fitbit to Google Fit, really good option for Android users, not sure if there is an option for iOS or Windows 10 users; but I'm sure you guys will give us a hand with in case that you find an option. Robot wink

Fit to fit.PNG

Thanks again for the information! Heart

Best Answer

I am using the app and am really impressed 😀

Best Answer

Thanks for giving your opinion about this app @back_ache. Other users will benefit with your feedback. 

Have you checked our Discussions board? If you're into Fitbit and fitness you may enjoy other users' comments. Check this board  Looking for Fitbit Friends? Find some here! And have some fun interacting with other users! 

Keep stepping around in the Forums! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm interested in this as well. Currently switching over to Android from iOS and trying to find a watch. The Versa seems to have pretty good battery life and HR Monitor, but like on iOS, my Fitbit data won't sync to Google Fit, so it looks like a no-go for me. Looking at the Ideas/Feature Request forum, despit the fact that syncing with iOS/Google health data has been requested for 4 or so years and they seem to be the most highly rated requests, FitBit has yet to do so. While I'm tempted to try the FitToFit app suggestion, that is what is ultimately a workaround for a feature that should be built into Fitbit OS. I hope it works for you, but I guess I'll just be forced to hang on until Google is going to hopefully announce their Pixel Watch in October. Too bad for Fitbit, missing out on sales because they want to be stingy with our data.

Best Answer