Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate step count on Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently ordered a new Zip to replace my Flex (tired of wearing a bracelet) and gave my Flex to my daughter.  I started wearing it under my clothes at first but found it was hardly capturing any steps.  So I moved it to my waist and it's picking up some but definitely not all.  I'm pretty regularly ~6500 steps per day during the week and more on the weekends.  The first day I had the zip I think it counted about 3800.  I was very active this weekend, walking most of Sunday afternoon and moving around most of the day yesterday and still only managed a regular M-F count both days.

Is there anything I can do or trick on how to position it so that it counts more accurately during normal movement?  I think it does a better job when I'm "walking for exercise" but just keeping busy around the house and even up and down stairs, it struggles. I never had a problem with the Flex. 

I'm 5'3" if that makes any difference. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the forums @irishpaperdoll! I'll be glad to help you on this Cat Happy

There may be different reasons as to why you are seeing step variation with your Zip, for example:

1. The place your Zip is being worn, you can check here for tips on how to wear your Zip
  2. Your stride length input on your Fitbit Profile, if it's not added manually, it will use a default setting based on your height and gender. Here's how to measure it.
  3. An outdated app may not give you the correct information, please update the Fitbit App through iOS here and Android here
  4. Restarting your tracker will be very helpful, you can check how it is done here.
  5. Last but not least! Please update your tracker through a computer here also through Android here and iOS here

If your Zip is still encountering a problem, please let our Customer Support team know this here and they will be glad to further assist you.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the forums @irishpaperdoll! I'll be glad to help you on this Cat Happy

There may be different reasons as to why you are seeing step variation with your Zip, for example:

1. The place your Zip is being worn, you can check here for tips on how to wear your Zip
  2. Your stride length input on your Fitbit Profile, if it's not added manually, it will use a default setting based on your height and gender. Here's how to measure it.
  3. An outdated app may not give you the correct information, please update the Fitbit App through iOS here and Android here
  4. Restarting your tracker will be very helpful, you can check how it is done here.
  5. Last but not least! Please update your tracker through a computer here also through Android here and iOS here

If your Zip is still encountering a problem, please let our Customer Support team know this here and they will be glad to further assist you.

Let me know if you have any questions! Smiley Very Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if any of this worked for the questioner.  I'm having the same problem.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I doubt it.  I even "chatted" with a representative and got nowhere.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't know where to really post questions but I'm hoping whoever Reeses can tell me what to do I accidentally added 1000 miles on my dashboard rather than 1000 steps how do I delete that data

Best Answer
0 Votes

don't know where to really post questions but I'm hoping whoever Reads this can tell me what to do I accidentally added 1000 miles on my dashboard rather than 1000 steps how do I delete that data  

Best Answer
0 Votes