Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Fitbit Zip

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is the second time I have lost my Fitbit Zip. I already got in touch with Customer Service. I don't want 25% off another device I want a free replacement.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Hi everyone, thanks for taking the time to share this feedback about the possibility to track a device that's been lost and even offer a rewards. 

These are very interesting ideas and I'm sure they would be very useful, I can see this idea has already been posted in the Feature Suggestion board, I encourage you to vote for this suggestion and add your comments there as well, this section is reviewed regularly by the team of developers for possible implementations in the future.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer

It is indeed a poor design. I lost a fitbit. Purchased a replacement. The new one fell out of the holder while I was clipping it onto my belt for the first time. I don't want to wear it on my wrist. That is for my dress watch. Fitbit needs to come up with a better answer.

Best Answer

First I heard of that.  I've lost about 3 of them because they pop out of the holder.  What prices does the 25% come off?  Full retail?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost my Fitbit Zip at Ikea on 21 Dec Tempe

i am devastated 

all advise welcome or to get another.

the back clip keep falling apart recently 

I did hook to bra but still it kept coming off at the back clip

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the fitbit zip, not the watch type.   When I wore it I always hooked it BACKwards in front pocket of my jeans, that way if it fell off it would be in my pocket.  Never fell off tho.  Other places I've "stuck it" - Inside my jeans, in my boots, in my purse if I'm on the go, in coat pocket.  In trying to get it off I've accidentally pulled the "works" out of the holder so I had to re-adjust the rubber on the clip, that was fun.  (sure) Good luck!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you lost your Fitbit. Unfortunately, if you search these discussions you will find that you are not alone. On top of that it turns out that anyone who finds your Fitbit can easily pair to to their own email and begin using it as their own. Fitbit knows who they are but won't tell you or prevent them from using a lost/stolen device.

Fitbit customer support will happily help whoever finds your Fitbit in getting it set up. Read through all of the below linked discussion that started in 2014 to see suggestions and comments regarding Fitbit devices that are lost or stolen. Fitbit's basic design/policy of not offering a way to track or shut off a lost/stolen device makes having a Fitbit device an extremely poor investment. Please find a better option and do not patronize Fitbit any more.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Brick-or-deactivate-a-lost-device/idc-p/2358234#...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks I did all of this then lost it when I took it off so now I need
another ideas where to get?
--
Kind regards and best wishes

Judith Sylvia Walker, Ph.D
Best Answer
0 Votes

I will never get a Fitbit again. I recently lost my Fitbit and had gotten It back through lost and found. In order to ensure I have my original Fitbit, I went through my account to try to find the serial number associated with MY Fitbit. Couldnt find anything of the sort. So I call customer service.

I asked them for the serial number for my original Fitbit to verify that the one I got back was mine. They said they cannot provide me that information. They told that it is on the original box, and I can call the store or check receipt. First of all, I worked at the store I bought it from, and we are not associated with that kind of information, and second of all, receipts do not show serial numbers, and third of all, why in the world would I still have the original box a year later? It's a waste of space when I'm moving everywhere.

Then I ask them if they can at least use the numbers within the one I received back to verify it's the same one on file. They refuse to.

The solution was to sync to the app even though I told them I wasnt able to sync, where it can possibly be a problem, due to me not syncing to Fitbit app in a long time (I use other apps to sync it with), and due to my phone change.

I told them a million times I do not want to troubleshoot on syncing, because I do not want to sync a Fitbit that is not mine. That was what I'm trying to figure out. If it is mine or not, so that I can return it to the lost and found.

Never again will I invest in Fitbit, because not only do they not provide you the serial numbers associated with your ZIP within your account but they refuse to provide it. On top of that, this is not a preventative measure on stealing. They didnt seem to offer a disabling feature on my lost Fitbit, that someone recently synced, and doesnt offer assistance to ensure someone's lost Fitbit goes right back to them. I basically have a lost Fitbit that could or could not be mine. How will I ever know? Since Fitbit does nothing to help with information that is YOUR right to know since YOU bought it!

Update: 

Fitbit I contacted support for a second time through live chat, they had me sync the found device in which it replaced original device. Supposedly on their end, it shows as a new device, which is obvious as it forced me to replace my original device in order to sync as an option. Then I tried to delete "new device" which he told me to do. It deleted my original old device from my profile completely. Which was not what I wanted to do in the first place. I even mentioned that before we proceeded in syncing, if it will erase my original device since it says about replacing. I will no longer invest in Fitbit. Just the fact that you cannot provide a serial number without a fight is ridiculous. Every other company has serial numbers on their products. This all could've been avoided if I'm able to somehow see if two fitbits are the same serial number. And they told me there is no way for original owner to get their lost Fitbit either. There is no preventative measures on theft. And it's an expensive product to just lose.
As far as I know, you can identify two different fitbits by Bluetooth MAC Ids from syncing
But that's impossible to find with my lost Fitbit thanks to the company making it difficult so I can compare it to found Fitbit. Thanks FITBIT for being a huge part in the cycle of stolen fitbits. Because even if the found Fitbit Is not mine, and I can return it to your company to find original owner, you somehow have no way in tracking owner to send back to. Which you would think should be easy since a serial number should be associated with said device and all our info is within the accounts. I will ensure all the people I know, will know what kind of investment they will be getting into with a Fitbit

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update: 

Fitbit I contacted support for a second time through live chat, they had me sync the found device in which it replaced original device. Supposedly on their end, it shows as a new device, which is obvious as it forced me to replace my original device in order to sync as an option. Then I tried to delete "new device" which he told me to do. It deleted my original old device from my profile completely. Which was not what I wanted to do in the first place. I even mentioned that before we proceeded in syncing, if it will erase my original device since it says about replacing. I will no longer invest in Fitbit. Just the fact that you cannot provide a serial number without a fight is ridiculous. Every other company has serial numbers on their products. This all could've been avoided if I'm able to somehow see if two fitbits are the same serial number. And they told me there is no way for original owner to get their lost Fitbit either. There is no preventative measures on theft. And it's an expensive product to just lose.
As far as I know, you can identify two different fitbits by Bluetooth MAC Ids from syncing
But that's impossible to find with my lost Fitbit thanks to the company making it difficult so I can compare it to found Fitbit. Thanks FITBIT for being a huge part in the cycle of stolen fitbits. Because even if the found Fitbit Is not mine, and I can return it to your company to find original owner, you somehow have no way in tracking owner to send back to. Which you would think should be easy since a serial number should be associated with said device and all our info is within the accounts. I will ensure all the people I know, will know what kind of investment they will be getting into with a Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a thin bright colored lanyard (picture a phone strap lanyard). I bought a package which contained different lengths.

I use the shortest one. The thin cord at the end I loop it through itself on the clip of the ZIP. Then I loop the other end through my bra strap (& tuck ZIP into bra so it doesn't flop around) or I loop it to my belt loop & tuck the ZIP into the coin pocket or reg pocket of my jeans.

Never lost my ZIP by using the lanyard. 

Best Answer
0 Votes