Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not counting steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A couple weeks ago I noticed my zip was not accurately counting steps all of a sudden. It'd say I had gone 200 steps but 1.1 miles. Then I'd sync it and it would go up to 1650 steps and 1.5 miles. Then 2 minutes later when I check it would say I've gone 1620 steps and 1.5 miles. 

The last 2 days it's barely measuring any steps. I should be around 3k or more so far today and it said 40 steps. I synced it to phone and it updated to 400 steps. I need to accurately measure steps for my doctor and this is really screwing things up. 

I have already followed suggestions and checked the battery placement, took battery out and reinstalled, etc multiple times over the last few weeks trying to fix this. Nothing has helped. The way I wear it hasn't changed, ever. So that's not the issue. I wear it in my small 5th pocket on my jeans. Just incredibly frustrated and disappointed with this.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

You didn't mention if you had replaced the battery: you only mention "re-installing". If you have not installed a new battery, go ahead and try that. A weak battery could explain the problems you are having. I have never had a battery fail without either the app or the Zip telling me about it, but I can't say that it never happens.

Like you mention, make sure your battery tabs are in good shape. If you ever look at your zip and see a 5.86 in the display, you know you have some kind of battery problem.

Best Answer

@SnnysAngl I hope you're doing well! Like @SunsetRunner said a weak battery could cause these issues but also make sure the battery it tight within the tracker by pulling the towards you so it secures the battery inside. Also clean the contacts with a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol before adjusting the tabs (refer to the pictures to secure the tabs).

Zip Battery troubleshoot 1.pngZip Battery troubleshoot 2.pngZip Battery troubleshoot 3.pngZip Battery troubleshoot 4.png

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer