Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps while driving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All of a sudden my friend and I have noticed our Zips have started counting steps while travelling in the car. It hasn’t happened before and seems strange both have only started doing it today.

Is anyone able to offer any advice regarding why this has started happening please?. Incidentally his adds far more than mine while travelling. 

Hope someone can help - thanks.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Forums @DaveUK67! This sounds odd. Our engineers have worked diligently on your tracker's algorithms to make sure that it does not pick up false steps or activity recordings while in a car. Unless you are driving in a car with a stiff transmission or on back country roads, your tracker should not give you credit for any work that you don't do.To make sure that your tracker is working correctly, please restart it

If you do pick up some steps while driving, see this post for instructions on removing steps.

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply. I will monitor how it goes and go from there. 

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @DaveUK67! Please keep me posted with the outcome.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to join us at Discussions board, there you can be inspired, find some tips to get moving, eat well, manage weight, sleep better, live mindfully and more!

Give it a look!:) 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes