Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing difficulties

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

this is the most frustrating and deficient fitness product on the planet. every week I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to synch. at this point, can't even reinstall it. Completely disappointed and not worth the money considering all of the other superior products out there. Don't know how they stay I business.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Forums @kkenney03! Thank you for sharing your feedback about Fitbit Zip. This helps us to keep improving our product and services. 

This is not the expected behavior of Zip. To ensure that your tracker is working as it should, please restart your Zip. If you are using a mobile device to sync make sure that it is listed in our compatible device list. Also, take a look to the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 😉 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I've used a Fitbit zip for many years. I've purchased everyone in my family a Fitbit zip to use as well. I've been faithful and never used another device, but I'm completely done with Fitbit! My Fitbit zip won't sync and for the past 6 months it's burning through batteries at an alarming rate. I'm sick of replacing batteries at $2-3 a pop. I'd be better off buying a darn Apple Watch and using their fitness app than continuing to buy more and more expensive batteries. My Fitbit zip also won't sync unless I manually force it to and about 50% of the time won't sync at all! After checking my Humana Go365 account I realized I lost steps for the last 6 months of 2017. I've completed all the suggested "fixes" and nothing works. Fitbit is too expensive of a device to not work. Bye Fitbit...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @MCB1! Thank you for sharing your experience with Fitbit Zip. This helps us to keep improving our products and services. 

Check out this article on syncing if you haven't already. Note, there is a known issue of battery draining for those syncing on iOS. You can check updates in this thread.

Also, you can try the tips provided in the help article Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life?

Keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer

If this is a “known” problem, why doesn’t Fitbit fix it?  Instead of continuing to frustrate and lose faithful users who can’t afford to keep throwing money away buying new batteries.  It’s ridiculous.  I guess fitbit’s stance is, “oh well” maybe they will buy another one of our devices?!?!   My answer to that is, No.   Every update Fitbit does it makes your devices work less and less efficient.  That’s not a great way to keep your customers coming back.  JMO. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @MCB1! I appreciate your feedback about Zip. I wanted to assure you that we take into consideration all the comments provided by our users to continue improving your experience. 

You can join or follow this discussion for more information about Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1 . If you are still experiencing an issue, please make sure that you have the All Day Sync feature off. And verify that there is proper contact between the battery and the battery contacts inside your Zip. You can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing. The process can be followed hereAlso, keep in mind that you can always use a compatible computer or Android device to sync. 

Catch you later!

Best Answer