Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I was about to check to see if we could claim warranty on this, I've gone through so many batteries just in the past month. Would love an update when ya'll have one!

Best Answer

I have the same problem with the zip batteries.  It seems that if I leave my Zip close to my phone, the battery goes down fast, especially at night.  The battery does come back a bit, so don't replace it right away.  I'll try turn off the "all day sync" to see if that helps, but its makes another step to since. 

Awaiting what can be done.

Best Answer

My wife and I both are having battery drain issues and have been for some time.  We also seem to have problems with batteries maintaining contact at all.  i've had the problem when paired to Android OR iOS.

Best Answer

UPDATE: Okay, I was getting the notifications that my batteries were at death's door. I did all the updates available for my old, tiny Fitbit Zip. I log in with my Samsung cell phone or my various computers. I only log onto the site when I want to see my miles at the end of the day and pat myself on the back. I don't leave it on. The notices that my battery was low stopped appearing. Since then I have been using the same battery for months. Just recently got the heads up that it was on its last legs. It's still working. 

Best Answer

Same problem here.  Got this Zip in July and this is the 5th battery I've put in and now showing low battery.  Would also love to know what the solution is for this. 

Best Answer

Same issue with batteries on my zip, average battery life is 2 weeks.  I just put in a new one two days ago and now it says no battery charge left at all.

Best Answer

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with battery issues on my Zip. Hope they get this resolved soon. My battery life has been about 2 weeks. This is getting too expensive to keep replacing batteries.

Best Answer

I replaced the battery on Monday (which was earlier that it should have been) and last night the display showed the battery as empty.  Today (a day later) the battery is full again without my having changed anything but the Zip won't sync with anything.

I'm using iOS 11.0.3 on iPad and iPhone

Window 7 computer
Zip firmware is 5.86

I restarted the zip and it synced with the computer and the battery is now "low" again.

Best Answer

Anxiously awaiting a fix for this as well. Same issues. Battery dead - replace it - next day / dead again (on tracker and app) but then a few hours later it is showing 1/2 full. Really starting tk be more of a pain than a help. I turned off all day sync as directed - and waiting  ☹️

Best Answer

I am having the same problems these other people have!  The batteries don’t even last a month!  Is there a way to get a new Fitbit Zip for free or at a reduced price?

Best Answer

Just guessing But I believe it has nothing to do with the zips themselves - but more of an issue with the firmware or operating systems. Getting a new zip won’t solve the issue - they have to figure out why this is happening within the updates and programming language.  and so we wait .......

Best Answer

I put the "dead" batteries on a shelf and the next time I get the "battery low" message, replace the "low" battery with one of the batteries on the shelf. Saves money! I knew those batteries couldn't be draining that fast!! The message from the tracker is wrong, the batter isn't really dead. It's a pain in the neck, but I'm not spending as much money on batteries now. Wish FitBig would get their act together and resolve this programming issue....

Best Answer

I just bought a zip, got it on Thursday. Put the battery in powered it up, connected to my phone. This AM is says my battery is low. Wasn’t very happy since it said six months approximately for battery life. 

Hope this gets fixed fast. I won’t be purchasing a new battery until it is. 

Best Answer
Turn off all day sync and that should at least keep the battery indicator quiet. They need to fix the programming error. Once they find it, that is…..
Best Answer

I plan to but not real happy I need a new battery and I haven’t had it a week. 

Best Answer

To turn off all day sync, go to the Fitbit app on your phone. You'll see a zip image in the upper left corner. Tap on this to go to the next page where you;ll see when it last synced, version no., and battery status. Three lines down, see All Day Sync. turn off this option. It;ls off when the button is white. On  is green. This will stop the drain on the battery, or stop the programmiing link which tells us the battery is low....

Dob't feel bad about being old with brain issues. I'm 90, I know all about brain issues...

Don't throw away the supposedly dead batteries. I put them aside and when I get the battery low message, I pop in one of the "dead" batteries and I'm good to go.  These problems are apparently a programming issue with the fitbits and we're waiting for their programmers to resolve the issue.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem, battery only lasting about a week & I have all day synch turned off.

Best Answer

If you turn off all day synch until they resolve this problem, when does your Fitbit synch?

Best Answer

No last week I replaced the battery and turned off all day sync and battery
was low again this week.

--
Sharon Jones

Moderator edit: personal information displayed

Best Answer