Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

Have they fixed this issue and will they send us a new Zip????

Best Answer
0 Votes
No to both questions.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an old fitbit that was suddenly draining batteries. Say one a week.I bought a new one. Same problem. One a week. I was flabbergasted. I complained and Fitbit said they would send a new one.  Then I found out about the phone synching. I turned the synch off on Fitbit#2.  Lasted more than a week so I went to Mexico for vacation.  First day on vacation battery warning is flashing.  Two and a half days I finally get a new battery. However.........battery warning is off and has been green for 3 weeks.   I have not even opened Fitbit#3.  What is the point of sending me Fitbit#3 when you know there is a problem with the product? I hate not having my phone synched as it lets me know stuff like you just need 500 more steps to get to goal or you are 2500 steps over goal.  And really, I need a battery warning that is accurate.

So lame

Best Answer
0 Votes

I disagree. It is a great product - they just screwed up with this last update. I love my zip - since I turned off all Day sync my battery has lasted 2 weeks now. Just wish they would correct the problem and get us back to full working order. 

Best Answer

I love how my Zip works, but the battery life issue has been ongoing since I bought it in 4/2016.  Currently, I'm getting 2-3 weeks of battery life. This is clearly NOT as advertised.  It would be nice to be able to address this.  The only good think about this blog is that it makes me realize I am not alone. 

Best Answer

I had my Zip since December 2013.  Late September it started acting up.  No sync, display wasn’t working, weird displays instead of a happy face, etc.  I replaced with a new Zip and have had trouble ever since.  Lately I seem to have the same problem as others in this forum - the battery drains quickly.  I have gone through 5 batteries since the beginning of October.  One battery lasted one day, the others were one week to two weeks.  I was considering a different Fitbit since I am having so many problems with this one.  Currently Zip shows the wrong time, isn’t counting steps (1 hour on the treadmill at 4+ miles per hour registered 113 steps), the display goes dark (even after tapping the Zip) but then comes back the next time I look at it.

Best Answer

Any updates on this? Or when do you update the app?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just got an update on my phone, hopefully this will work

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

I have iOS 9.3.5 on my iPhone and am having battery charging issues on a Fitbit Zip that arrived with a battery less than one month ago!  This Zip was a replacement for an approximately 2-year-old Zip that had developed battery problems about four months prior to my getting the replacement. On both the old and new Zip, I also have gotten messages that the battery is low, only to look at the battery icon on the dashboard and see that it is fine.  Also, have seen the icon appear fully green one day and medium orange the very next day!  Before giving up on the old Zip, Fitbit's customer service told me to slightly pull up the silver tab inside the battery case, presumably to make a better connection; didn't help.  My iOS software is latest available; I've updated the Fitbit app routinely; now I've turned off all-day sync.  Hope that works because no battery should last only 3 weeks.

Best Answer
Thank you. Where do you turn off the all day sync??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Go to Account then to Zip and you can turn off All Day Sync.

Best Answer

I am disgusted!!!! After working with FitBit a week ago regarding this problem they decided I should replace my Zip. Came in the mail today. Low and behold NO FREAKING BATTERY!!!!!!! 

Not only are they not trying to reassure people on this forum they are working on a fix but they can’t send a battery with a replacement?!?! I’m disgusted and I’ve probably spent my last dollar with this company. 

Ann

Best Answer
Thank you so much.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to dashboard- click symbol in top RH corner to get to your account -
click Zip. It’s there.
Best Answer
Did it. Thanks. Now I’ll buy one more battery and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Everyone - We are aware that battery draining quickly is still occurring for some with the new iOS 2.42 update. Our team is aware and I'll continue to update this thread with updates. Thanks for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I first got my zip batteries lasted for months just changed it last week after updating it and it says it needs a new battery this week again.  Does battery brand make a difference?  I have Energizer in it now should last longer than a week.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Based on my experience with my first Zip (Duracell batteries lasted 6 months until the past 2-3 months) and my new Zip (which came with a different brand of battery and which is having the problems outlined on this string), the answer is NO.  

I gave up on my former Zip because of constant battery problems in only the past 2-3 months and concomitant step losses and got a new one with a discount from Fitbit.  Since the new one is having the battery problems outlined on this string, my guess is that I probably did not have to replace the original one because the problem wasn't with the Zip itself but with the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m beginning to think that it’s triggering the battery low symbol when it
isn’t low at all. I ignored it this week and the symbol went away
Best Answer
0 Votes

After making my post I got my fit bit zip because I turned off the calorie counter as suggested in another post about battery usage reduction when removing that and resyncing my fit bit the low battery signal was gone on the zip and on the dashboard of my fit bit app.  So don't know what is going on.

When I first got this zip 3 to 4 months was normal battery usage unless I used cheap batteries.  but now it doesn't matter what type I use they don't last that long.

Best Answer
0 Votes