Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I have had the same problem with rapid battery drain.  I did an on-line conversation and at the end, she suggested I not sync with my iPhone.  Since syncing with the PC only, my battery has not gone bad.  She said they were working on an update but had no idea when that update would be out.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had the exact same thought. I purchased a new one that immediately had the same battery drain as my old one. Fitbit solution was to send a replacement for Fitbit # 2 without ever disclosing there was an inherent problem with the product.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
They did not offer a replacement as they implied it was a software problem that would be corrected sometime.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am going thru a battery a month. I am using Energizer batteries. Can I use a Lithium battery with this version? Do those last any longer?

How did you contact them to get the replacement?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been replacing batteries every 3 weeks for the last few months.  Sometimes the low battery symbol comes on then goes away for a few days.  Today it was flashing and I did not want to lose everything.  I will take one person's suggestion of not throwing away the used battery and keep switching them.  I have had a zip for many years and this is the first battery trouble I have had.  I hope they get the issue fixed quickly.

Best Answer
0 Votes
When my new one had the battery problem....2 batteries in 2 weeks, I called customer service. They sent a replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been weeks since this is reported.  Disappointed that it has been solved yet.  I'm on my 3 battery since September 15.  

Best Answer

I have had several on line chat sessions with Fitbit Help and emails with the technical team but no answer yet for when the Zip battery drain issue will be resolved.  They tell me it is a software problem and will be fixed with an update to the iOS App but no action yet.

When will this be fixed and will Fitbit send us some batteries to compensate for the rapid battery consumption?

Best Answer

I had a Fitbit One for about five years, but it started playing up. When I went to replace it I was very disappointed to find it has been discontinued, so I bought the Zip. I've had the Zip about 10 days and have just had to replace the battery. This is crazy. One of its selling features is that the battery lasts up to six months.

When is the fix coming???

Best Answer
I just picked up a new battery on Monday. The salesperson at Batteries Plus said that the only way to get the battery to last longer was to take it out each night. What a pain.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's crazy and I won't be doing that. Next thing the back will get worn out because you've opened it every night and it's not built for daily use.

There has to be a better solution.

Is the replacement one better and does the battery last up to six months? Or at the very lease longer than 10 days??

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

thank you!   I am replacing the battery once a week 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes another product flaw is the difficulty of getting the battery case open especially if the tool is not available like when you are on vacation. Alternate methods cause damage every time.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am considering getting rid of my Fitbit and finding a new product.  This has been handled very poorly.  It's been over a month and nothing has been resolved, and no talk of compensating consumers for the cost of all the batteries, not to mention the wear and tear on the device of having to open it frequently.  The plastic is all smushed up already.  Looks terrible.  Not even an email to Zip owners acknowledging the problem.  You know who we are...you can track our steps. 

Best Answer

I agree 100%!  If you find a comparable competing product please post.  It is very upsetting to me that the Company has not made any effort to communicate the problem or status of a fix to their customer base.  I will never buy another product from this Company!

Best Answer

Hi Zip users- our team continues to investigate the issue of some users reporting rapid battery drain on iOS devices. I will continue to update this thread as I hear more. Thank you very much for your patience. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Zip users- our team continues to investigate the issue of some users reporting rapid battery drain on iOS devices. I will continue to update this thread as I hear more. Thank you very much for your patience. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they replace it with the same model? Did the replacement work properly or is that problem of going thru batteries a universal problem for that model? How long have you had the replacement?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this problem for months with my old Zip. I was advised to replace it so I purchased a new one. It was sent on 10/19/17 and began having the same problem within a week, going from low to medium and then back to full. Today it shows the battery empty. My husband is having the same problem with his Zip devices, also recently replaced upon advice after reporting battery issues. We’ve not only spent extra $$ on batteries, we’ve also replaced our devices when they probably didn’t even need to be replaced. Please let me know when this issue is resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am so unhappy with this problem. I took off all day sync like suggested. On the same day that I replaced a battery that should not have needed to be replaced, at exactly 9:00 p.m. it reset to zero. Fortunately I had just manually synced it. Then it said my battery was empty. Then it said it was medium. Then later in the week it said it was full. This morning, after my workout that got me 6000 steps, I was changing my clothes, took it off and when I picked it back up it had reset to 0 again. And I hadn’t synced it yet. The good news is that when I went to sync it, it did show my 6000 steps but it said my battery is empty. 10 days on one battery is stupid. I am not replacing it because later it will probably say it is full.

Fix it, Fitbit!!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer