Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I have the latest update installed on my zip and keep getting random battery low notifications... usually on my dash board sometimes in my email and sometimes just on the zip itself... prior to this update I have noticed that my batteries are not lastime much more then approcamently a month... I received the zip for Christmas last year and only got a good battery life from the original battery which lasted me until march. subsequent batteries have not lasted very long... occasionally have issues syncing to my pc even when my tip is sitting right on or near the dongle... is there a chance something is looks inside... as the battery drainage sometimes is not permanent. this is a rather frustrating issue at times as I am a visually impared person who generally relies on my data showing up when I sync to my lap top any help would be greatly appreciated thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

We just received 2 ZipBits from Amazon and in less than a full week our batteries have both gone dead.  Any resolution to this Battery drain problem?  An earlier comment is dead on!  If this is an issue there should certainly be some momentary coverage for the expense of this ongoing battery need.  Dissapointed that it has taken this long to resolve the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Send them back and do not even think about it

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png] Virus-free. www.avg.com
Best Answer
0 Votes

How much more do you have to hear?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same battery issue with my zip. Gone through 3 batteries in the last month. If this keeps up I am going to return it and go back to my One. 

Best Answer

I've had my Zip for three years. I started having to change batteries every week or so just a few months ago. I was thinking maybe it was just old and I was going to ask for a new one for Christmas but after reading this thread, it's clear that won't make any difference. Today I had a new problem though, I had to change the battery AGAIN (the last one lasted about three weeks, that felt special) and not only did it show up at medium charge immediately (brand new Duracell), but it logged twice as many steps as what I actually did. I had actually tried tweaking the spring when I put in the battery today, now I'm afraid I really screwed something up.

So much for following advice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I'm thinking of going back to my One as well, but I really like the Zip so I might persevere until they come up with a fix. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly the topic I came here about. I'm glad to see it's not just me. I've lost count of the number of batteries I've had to change recently, but having replaced my battery less than 24 hours ago, and getting the change battery icon already, I realise something must be wrong.

Best Answer

KateFitBit -- thank you for helping us with this. As you can see there many many many people with the same problem. Several weeks ago we were told that a solution is forthcoming in the form of an update to the app software but nothing has been done yet.  (Clearly the sudden emergence of this was created by some faulty update for Fitbit). What is Fitbit doing about this problem with the Fitbit Zip that is costing all of us so much money in drained batteries and is seriously damaging the company's reputation?

Best Answer

P.S. whatever you do don't try taking out the battery and replacing it before it syncs because I have just done that and had it wipe out most of the steps I did today and reset to some random number!

Please sort this out quickly Fitbit as it would be very disappointing after years of otherwise good service. 

Best Answer

Totally agree!  I think Fitbit doesn't want to spend the time and $$ to fix because it will force consumers to buy more expensive devices.  I've totally lost confidence in the brand.  Plan to buy a non-Fitbit.

Best Answer

I agree with everything that everyone is saying and I too am frustrated as I am a 'walkaholic' and a step geek who thrives on challenging myself to always walk more steps than the day before.

HOWEVER, I would also like to try and be the voice of reason here ...

I don't believe for one moment that Fitbit are happy about the negative publicity this issue is causing and I am sure they are trying to resolve the issue. It is NOT in their interest to have a product continually fail, and it is not as if they are making money from the excessive amount of batteries we are having to purchase. Fitbit is a well known and respected brand, let's give them a chance to resolve the issue! 

I keep reminding myself that I first wore a Tracker and then moved to the One, before now going with the Zip. The Tracker and the One were fantastic ... I am sure once the battery drainage is resolved, the Zip will make me equally as happy.

Hang in their, Zippers, our time will come   🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I sure hope so!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The bad thing is you don't know if the battery is actually bad. The 3 days ago I downloaded my zip it said my battery was at 50%. Yesterday I downloaded my zip and it said my battery was full. So what is it? Is it full or at 50%? I have had this zip several years and it has but reliable until now. I have had wore out other fit bits and it still hung in there.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had the same battery drain issue over this past month so. Does anyone know if it has been or fixed with the iOS update version 2.43. The version history just says Bug fixes and performance improvements, nothing about a fix for battery drain. It would be nice if the Fitbit team updated us on this issue.

Best Answer
Mine won’t even sync now and the clock is about 30 minutes slow. But the steps look to be right.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit zip has stopped working. I,be done everything in the video and it is still not turning on. Is the Zip still available?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there any info of when this issue will be resolved. A battery a week and not on all day sync is just crazy. I am now having to keep a spreadsheet to keep my steps updated for a challenge. I don’t want to have to change type of tracker I use as I like the fact that the Zip is discreet.

Best Answer
Hi Everyone- We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

I, too am going through these batteries for my zip.  I'm spending a small fortune on this issue and am very disappointed this has not been completely fixed

Best Answer