Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

My all day sync IS disabled, and I'm still getting only a couple of days at most from each battery!  Please work quickly!

Best Answer
Don't trust the Zip saying the battery is bad the other day I down loaded my steps to dashboard and it said my battery was at 50% the next day when I downloaded to my dashboard it said my battery was full. It is totally unreliable at this point. I like everyone else wish fitbit would get this fixed so we can get on with the things we do.
Best Answer
I have had the same problem with battery life. On an online conversation she said I should not sync with my iPhone but with another device. Since syncing with my PC my battery has stayed good. That was about 6 weeks ago. I much prefer the phone app and hope they get the bug fixed but at least I can use my Zip and not change batteries every few days.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I only use my PC for syncing my zip and it is still not always reliable for positive battery usage it sends an error reading every so often on battery life Fit bit needs to figure this out soon. They probably would prefer us to just buy one of their other units. I have had several of their other units and they are not perfect either they are fragile to some usage and pricey to buy.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a very frustrating situation. I suspect if we all went to the
Amazon or Best Buy forum and on the Zip and had this discussion, we might
be taken more seriously. This isn't "our" problem, but we are being asked
to pay for it. I love my Zip, but I expect months of battery life, not
days to 2 weeks.
Best Answer

And if you look at some of the other Fitbit product forums, you'll see battery charging issues with them as well. 

Best Answer

Thanks Vernotte, I'll try that suggestion

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the suggestions.  I’ll try syncing with my computer for awhile.  I just got an update notice for the Zip firmware.  Dare I hope??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am now on my 4th battery in the last few weeks.  I can't believe I actually bought another battery and didn't just throw this thing in the trash.  I will not buy a 5th.  I am now researching a Garmin device.  

Best Answer
I wonder if anyone from Fitbit is reading this forum. So many are having issues and there has been no response. I’ve chatted with 3 different agents telling me either my batteries are bad (no) or engineers are ‘looking into it.’

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

there not going to do anything the only this we can do is start posing everywhere you can the only way they will fix this is if it's going to hurt them at Christmas 

Best Answer
Stay firm! Does Garmin have a clip on?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Yep time to go to Amazon for a review

Best Answer

This is not acceptable regarding Zip battery drain. When will it be fixed?

Best Answer
What happens if you ignore the low battery signal? I did and it’s returned
to normal. I have done two three bags. 1. turned off all day sync and 2.
Not left it by my phone overnight. Seems to be working.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Did all of this and my Zip battery is full this morning and no longer low!
Best Answer

As stated about reliability yesterday put my zip on my pocket as usual no sign of battery issue when I got home from work pulled the zip off my pocket and it is blank completely dead.  Put new battery in this morning and it says I have 3,303 steps apparently from yesterday.  Put it in by my computer to down load when I get back to my computer to down load and it says zero steps for yesterday on dashboard.  So I lost the 3,303 steps somewhere in the process of downloading.  This is getting real old.  Going to Fitbit web sight and it may get ugly but this needs to be fixed or Fitbit will be one customer less if they care.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Anothe rconundrum on this continuing battery issue. While rebounding this mornuing, battery shows full on iPhone, no battery warning signal in the Zip, but app on iPad sent message indicating the battery is completely empty. And this lack of response from the FitBit team makes me wonder if they are going to drop the Zip from product line. I've been a FitBt user since 2010 and only had the orignal FitBit and a Zip but the team is trying my patience with this current issue. Sync turned off, ignoring erratic battery warnings. etc., etc. and still having problems.... GET IT TOGETHER GUYS, AND FIX THIS!!

And now. An hour later the app indicates that the battery is FULL!!

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I am at the same point. Battery shows as full BUT haven’t been able to sinc since Tuesday. Feel like throwing the thing at the wall.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started buying multi-packs of batteries for my Zip from Amazon.  I got 20 Panasonic 2025 batteries for $8 last week.  There was no difference in drainage issues between them and the ones I had been buying for $5/each at the store.  It’s not a fix, but at least it’s not draining my wallet as fast as my Zip!  

I hope they get on this SOON!  Has anyone tried the Fitbit One?  I want a clip-on, and don’t see much else on the market.

Best Answer
0 Votes