Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I tried the Fitbit One for a while, because I was climbing a lot of hills and I wanted to see how many "flights" I was getting out of that. Then one day a cold front came in, the pressure dropped and suddenly I logged 50 flights of stairs while sitting at my desk. I went back to the Zip after that.

It's probably too early to tell, and might be a coincidence, but there was a software update the other day that brought the iPhone app up to 2.43.1. They never say any more than "Bug fixes and improvements" so I don't know if an actual fix went in for this, but for the last couple of days my battery has stayed stable at full. Of course that's happened before so it will probably take another few days to know for sure if anything really changed.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Per response from Fitbit, if you google Fitbit One, it has been discontinued and the option for a clip on tracker is Fitbit Zip with many of us are having trouble with battery drain (my Zip is two weeks old and ordered it directly from Fitbit). I ordered my spouse a Fitbit Charger 2 for an Xmas gift and then promptly canceled the order yesterday when I realized that Fitbit seems to have issues with their software across more than just the Zip! I truly hope they can get the issues resolved soon as this has got to be hurting their sales!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't want to reward them by buying another of their products.  At this point, if I have to replace this it will be with a product from another manufacturer.  This is my second one (first failed but it would get months out of the battery).  This one needed battery replacement every two weeks.  Now it won't last a full day.  Ridiculous!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cancelled Fitbit orders too.  It's just too frustrating and the products are too unreliable. I am SO INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED in the LACK OF RESPONSE from Fitbit.  Serious brand damage.  Even if they fixed it tomorrow, I would still be disappointed in the fact that they have made little to no effort to respond to complaints and rectify the problem. Maybe the next step is a Consumer Affairs complaint. 

Best Answer

I just changed my battery on on Saturday and it already says I have used half of it. I have been replacing batteries every 4 to 6 weeks since I bought it almost a year ago.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Someone the other day on this forum, decided to turn her Fitbit sync off and the battery went back to full.  I did the same thing and the battery power is now back to full.  Try that to see if it helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. I don't have all day on.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did that and Zip has worked for 2 weeks. We’ll see how long it lasts on this new battery.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have now manually update my Zip only twice a day. My battery is dead
after 2 weeks.
This is frustrating and expensive.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I did that and updated my phone OS and that seemed to do it. Thanks again.

MLG 🐾
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did that and now my zip won't sync when I manually do it. My computer says it can't find the tracker now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Fitbit...  Any updates you can give us?  I notice that the negative reviews are starting to pile up on Amazon and your lack of response is making it worse for all of us.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree: turning off sync all day and keeping the zip away from the phone at night has helped my battery.
Best Answer
0 Votes

So what are we supposed to do in the meantime.  My daughter gave me mine in June of this year.  It stopped charging the battery about three weeks ago ago and now the battery is completely dead.  From what I am reading it sounds like it won't do me any good to change the battery.  When will this get fixed??????  Please reply to my wife's email account which is debratrezza1955@gmail.com Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine did the same thing. A suggestion: buy new battery, turn off sync on FB app. That significantly helped me and now I have no issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I am on my second Zip with battery issues. Having read that this is a common fault linked to iOS versions, my question is should I delete my zip from my iPad and just access and update it from my phone which is an Android version?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I just bought a new zip and I haven’t even had it one month yet and I’m on my third battery. The last one that I put in didn’t even last 24 hours. 

Best Answer

I am on my second zip , the second was supplied by Fitbit when I began to have battery drainage, at no charge.  But the point is, I love it when it works. So I am now in search of the competition!!

Best Answer

I hope fitbit listens! My One drains in less than a day (used to get a week minimum from a charge). I dug out my old Zip but can’t afford to replace batteries very often. And I just don’t want everyone knowing I’m tracking my steps with the wrist models. I am so disappointed with Fitbit. The little discreet trackers have definitely helped me with my fitness level and weight, so very sad I may lose my trackers!

Best Answer

When did they replace your zip? I just received my zip in the mail on Thursday, set it up on Friday, and as of yesterday (Wednesday) had 0 battery level. I'm talking with a fitbit rep on chat right now and they are not at all helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes