Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

Your warranty options will be to sell you another one don't go for it 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Return it now and buy a different brand. Fitbit will NOT stand behind their products and their customer service is pathetic. Products will fail and Fitbit will not help. They have been “working” on this battery issue since they created the problem more than a year ago. Zero progress. 

Best Answer

Hi @Pam2719, welcome to this thread. About your request, you will get all the replies from the last post that you wrote here. 

I'd like to know if you already try the steps suggested here. Out team is aware of this issue affecting some trackers, so we suggest to try sync with a computer or iOS device if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the same suggestion that Fitbit has been making for almost two years. What I would really appreciate is an update to the post below by Fibit:

Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience.

Honestly, how long does it take to get something done? It would appear that this is something you are unable to fix and if that is the case I would appreciate your being honest enough to tell us that so that we can move on and find an alternative.

Thank you!

Best Answer

It's not just iOS.  In fact, I've had as many, if not more, messages re battery draining right after syncing to the Windows 10 app.  All are "false positives" and the battery returns to full power within seconds after the act of syncing sucks it down.  I've also experienced a week or more of low battery emails at the exact same time every evening, whether I have synced or not, yet when I open up the app, the battery indicator shows full green.  Clearly, Fitbit has no clue what is causing the problem and no clue how to fix it.

Best Answer
I gave up on my Zip -- Loved it when it worked, but FitBit's lack of
response to the issues was the final straw -- got an Apple watch and am
using that now -- didn't want a watch, but seems like that's the best
option now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did the same thing. I was using a Zip for work and a Blaze for sleep. I like to wear mechanical watches during the day. While there are lots of things the Apple Watch can do, it is mostly app dependent. It’s not as accurate as Fitbit for exercise, it’s not as accurate for distance, the sleep app I have tried is a joke, pretty good for skiing. And if course I have to forsake a “real” watch. I wouldn’t do it again. I keep hoping Garmin will come up with a wearable and a watch with a good sleep app. I think I want too much. There is no reason to expect the battery issues with the zip to get fixed. That just isn’t going to happen.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought an Alta, then bought a clip for it on Amazon. So far, it's working well. Just like the Zip did.
It's a little more expensive to do it that way, but if you really want a clip on device, this works!
Best Answer

More than a year and FitBit never did anything about the Zip battery issue.  I had an Alta HR that completely failed two weeks after the one year "warranty" expired and FitBit refused to help at all saying "we are a large global company and must strictly adhere to the warranty limits".  Two FitBIts, two failures, two refusals by the company to help at all. That adds up to ZERO chance of ever buying a FitBit product again. If you can get a refund, do it now and don't look back.  The company will not help its customers.

Best Answer
That’s what I did 5 months ago. I already had an Alta but couldn’t wear it on the wards, having spent a painful year with the zip and no hope of problem being resolved I bought the clip and haven’t looked back.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Did not see the iOS syncing battery drainage problem on the website when I ordered it 2 weeks ago, otherwise I would have ordered a different device.

Out of the box 6 days and battery is dead. 2 times on Chat Support and no resolution.

Obviously this issue has been occurring for months and Fitbit continued selling. It appears the Zip is no longer for sale on their website but likely available at 100's of other retailers. Why isn't there a recall for a defective product? Nearly half of the US uses iPhones and the Zip has been draining batteries for months.

As a shareholder and first time customer, I'm super disappointed with the product and customer service resolution. Offer complimentary batteries until resolution or discounts to products within the family that work with iOS? Not cultivating customer retention.

Best Answer
I bought mine over a year ago and looking back there was a two year history of complaints on the forum.
Your comments reflected mine. I can’t understand how fitbit are allowed to continue to sell a faulty product. Poor service.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for your comments @Cooper2008@ADKzip, @SunsetRunner, @WRives@Trisha66@RacingRunner@H-zip@Sonny00. I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for your comments and feedback. 

Our team works to improve certain situations that appear on devices but sometimes it takes time. Thank you for sharing alternative choices you have taken and I'm sorry if you had to choose a different device of another brand.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here. 

I appreciate your patience and keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
To everyone: throw your FitBit away and get another brand. This company couldn’t care less about your problems.
Best Answer
Andrea,

Is this really the best response you can provide? You completely ignored my question regarding the status of the problem. Please provide an update as requested. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
I think it’s just best you keep replying with equal nonsensical responses. You might feel some gratification.
Best Answer
0 Votes
This is a forum for questions and answers. I asked a question and am looking for a response from Fitbit.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is the stock reply and response but unfortunately like many others after 3 years this has not changed and there is no resolution. I gave up on mine after 6 months of taking the battery out after work and putting it back in the morning. That reduced the drain but wasn’t convenient or the point.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes