Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
I’ve given up on my zip sadly. I only bought it for my work on the wards where I can’t wear anything below the elbow. I have an Alta which was my original product. Now I’ve found a clip it fits into and it does exactly what I want.
I like you am frustrated and disappointed that the marketing suggests it’s apple compatible. I tried the android updates but frequently the pc wouldn’t find the zip rendering it useless for the day. It would add on 5k steps and I ended up taking the battery out every day to prevent the drain! Not acceptable and not resolved.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
You can’t sync frequently, an android/pc rather than iPad or iPhone is suggested as being the answer. I can only suggest removing the battery over night to limit the drain your experiencing.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Can you let me know what clip on you found that fits your Alta? I refuse to wear a watch or anything resembling one since I retired.

Best Answer
That's not practical, they are a pain to get out!
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for reaching out. 

We really appreciate the time you have taken in order to sync your Zip. If you're having battery drain on your Zip after syncing with a computer or iOS device. Please check these tips to improve your battery life. But if this is not helping, please let me know so I can check with our support team what would be the next step.

Thanks for your patience while we're working on this.  

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You’re hearing from everyone that average battery life is greatly diminished and that it’s not an acceptable “tip” to tell us to switch to an Android. You need to fix this problem or give us our money back!!

Marti D.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
TOMALL Fitbit Alta Clip Holder on Amazon

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Thanks for your comments @martid and @H-zip.

We don't want to create frustration in our users but in this moment we don't have more details about. About getting a refund, our support team check each case individually; if you wish I can request a case for you. They will be happy to help.

I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,, to be honest I hadn't thought of a refund, just annoyed that eats batteries!! If you think it is a good idea then yes please to sorting a case for me.

Allyson. xx
Best Answer
I would like to request a refund. My zip eats batteries and still doesn’t sync most of the time. I have tried all of the suggestions and am very disappointed it doesn’t work with IOS devices for that is all I have. I have purchased a similar product from garmin that doesn’t have these issues. I am very disappointed with Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for responding @olive114 and @tammyjo46. I can't assure you will get a refund as I mentioned before our team check each case individually based on the warranty information. But I can definitely open a ticket for you. I'd like to confirm with you this first before requesting a case.

Let me know if you have questions

Best Answer
0 Votes
Please start a ticket for me as well. I received my Zip as a Mother's
Day present, so it's only worked for a short while.
Best Answer
I don't have a receipt as my Zip was a gift.xx
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @martid and @olive114

@martid I noticed that you have a case already open for this issue, please feel free to request your warranty information to verify if a refund applies in this situation.

@olive114 I requested a case for you, so they will contact you shortly. Feel free to ask any doubt you may have. 

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I also want a case open.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for confirming @tammyjo46. Our team will be getting touch with you shortly to check your warranty options.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would like to follow this thread as I just got a Zip for Christmas and the battery is already dead on 12/28...

Best Answer

I would try to return it, and not waste your time & money on any of their products. I would try to return it, and not waste your time & money on this product.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Return it now while you still can!!!
Best Answer

Return it now they have not done anything to fix and are not going to 

Best Answer