Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
You had the one and discontinued the product replacing it with the inferior zip. I’m going to stop using the product when battery fails next and just use a nurses watch and give up on my steps at work seeing as fitbit don’t give a *#@‘ about it or me.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Hi @H-zip, thanks for sharing your comment, we really appreciate you feedback. We've passed this information to our team. Sorry for any inconvenience while we're working on this.

Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

And now my Zip won't sync with the Windows 10 app.  Apparently, it stopped transmitting yesterday.  I get a message saying Bluetooth is off but no idea or instructions on how to restart it.  Yes, I could probably figure out how to use the dongle but it's easier to just sync to my iPhone.  If that drains the battery, I'll just be back in the vicious circle!  What a ridiculous situation.

Best Answer

Thanks for posting your inquiry @ADKzip. Thanks for the steps that have been trying to get your stats on your Dashboard.

About that message, please restart your computer Bluetooth you can find more details on how to do so here:   Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10. Also restart your Fitbit Zip.

Hope this helps, keep me posted.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Having the same issue with my Zip.  The battery drains overnight.  Is Fitbit doing anything about this????

Best Answer
In a word NO. It’s all to do with how you put the battery in, what device you want to use and or syncing. This is not an exhaustive list of tips and hints to make the Fitbit a tiresome product but the ones repeated endlessly.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @martid, thanks for reaching out the Forums. Thanks for sharing this information @H-zip.

As mentioned before in this thread, it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device (iOS version 2.41.1). We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible.

If you're having same issues with and Android or PC, please check these tips to troubleshoot battery drain issues.

Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Best Answer
So I can’t sync mine to my pc with windows 10 either. It’s useless. I manually sync to my iPhone when I think about it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
It's not a good solution to suggest that we change our cell phones
from Iphones to Androids!!! My One was a present for this past
Mother's Day and it's virtually useless to me now.

--
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner. Thanks for trying the suggested. Are you getting an error while syncing on your Windows 10? Maybe these steps can help. 

@martid Your feedback is greatly appreciated. As mentioned before, it has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or iOS device if possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Let me know if you have questions. 

Best Answer

Hi, I’ve been dealing with this issue for at least a year and it doesn’t seem like FitBit is ever going to solve it. All my devices are Apple so syncing to Android is not an option. And my MacBook doesn’t have a USB port to put the dongle in, and even if it did, I travel fairly frequently without a laptop. What I am trying to figure out now is, does this issue only affect the Zip? Is it only certain models of the Zip? I don’t want to buy a brand new device, but it may be cheaper in the long run than replacing my battery every month. However I want to make absolutely certain that whatever I purchase isn’t going to have this same issue. I’ve been trying to get an answer from support, but they don’t seem to speak/understand English too well. Would appreciate if anyone can help.

Best Answer
Looking at all the post I would say this is ongoing, prior to my purchase and since my purchase, mine is only 8 months old. I like you feel it’s taking too long to resolve and I will not invest in a new zip. I’ve found an alternative way of using my Alta on wards which I specifically bought the zip for. Good luck

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
Does the Alta have the battery issue too, or not?
Best Answer
Garmin has a small tracker like the zip and so far doesn’t have the battery or sync issues. Works with apple devices

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

If you look at the Alta community forum at https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Alta/Fitbit-Alta-won-t-stay-charged/m-p/2420643#M57734, you'll see a number of complaints re the Alta suddenly no longer holding a charge.  The "good" news -- the Alta complaints are not as extensive as the Zip ones are.  The bad news -- they're indicative of systemic problems with Fitbit.

Best Answer

😫

No the Alta is rechargeable, I had wanted the One as this was a rechargeable product which was recommended but seemingly superseded by the inferior zip. The zip on paper was just what I needed but unfortunately with battery drain and syncing issues on both iPad and pc, adding on 5k of steps when it fancied, not being recognised it just became too painful. The advice and support didn’t resolve the issue. The issue is long standing and I struggle to understand why it’s been so difficult to fix. From posts it’s an issue on newer versions as well.
I hope you’re able to resolve your issue.

Sent from my iPad

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Thanks. It really is laughable how long it’s taking Fitbit to resolve this. I first contacted them in Dec 2017 myself. I suspect they’ll never resolve it and will just stop selling the Zip. So now I need to decide between switching to a Garmin product or getting the Alta or Flex. It does seem like CNET, etc. do rate the Alta and Flex well, however the really bad support offered by FitBit does give me pause. 

Best Answer

Beware of the Alta as well.  This message thread documents quite thoroughly how dismal Fitbit's customer service is and how little they care about customer satisfaction.  The arrogance continues with the Alta. I had an Alta HR that completely failed a few weeks after the end of the one year warranty and Fitbit's response was that "as a global company we must strictly adhere to the exact terms of our warranty".  They refused to give any concession for a device failing a few weeks out of warranty other than offering to sell me a new one for the same price as it is being sold at Best Buy.  Despite several attempts to get some help from Fitbit they absolutely refused to do anything with the Alta failure.  And yes, the Zip issue has been going on for almost a year and Fitbit's only response has been that they are working on a solution.  Such blatant disdain for their customers will ultimately lead to the company's failure so don't invest any more into devices from a company that will not help its customers and is not likely to be around for the long term.

Best Answer

What is ios please? As you can tell I am not very good at technology!!  I am using my zip(that got for hubby but he won't use it) until my birthday when have been promised a Flex 2 so will be back with a Flex again(had old one nearly 4 years and "passed away peacefully in it's sleep") The Zip uses a battery in 2 weeks-wondering if something to do with what you are talking about? xx

Best Answer

iOS is the operating system used on Apple Mobil devices (iPhones & iPads). Fitbit at one pint suggested people sync their zip with Android devices instead. Which really ticked me off. I pick apple products for a reason. Not changing my phone because Fitbit has a flawed product. They continue to advertise that the battery lasts 4-6 months. Mine rarely lasts 4-6 weeks. I was disappointed to know this was an on going problem at the time I ordered min, yet their website still had bad information. Most people are asking for a new updated One Fitbit, a clip on that was smaller, rechargeable via USB, and counted stairs. Many of us want a clip on, not something worn on a wrist. 

Best Answer