Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497

I am also having the same problem. I have turned off the all day sync feature last week and my batteries are still only lasting 2-3 days. I'm also tired of the "hang on, we're cleaning things up a bit for you" erasing my step count multiple times a week. What is going on with that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is the battery draining because of the iOS update (I’ve been through one a week), or I need a new Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

A new Fitbit is not going to help. I thought the same thing so I bought one
and still having battery issues.

Sharon Jones

Moderator edit: personal information displayed and format

Best Answer

I am also having the same problem. I have turned off the all day sync feature last week and my batteries are still only lasting 2-3 days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just opened my Fitbit app & it said I had an update. I updated it so I guess I’ll see if it helps. Although the battery I put in a few days ago is on already on medium. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

have you got any advice on the battery drain. I have replaced battery three times in the month I have had it. I am going to return my fitbit zip

Sincerely

Tammy Martin

Best Answer
They are suppose to be looking into it, but I have heard nothing. I am replacing mine about every 5 days
Best Answer
0 Votes

I also notice that the bluetooth sync doesn't want to work anymore too. In addition to the fast battery drain, etc. etc. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a notice yesterday from FitBit that there was an update to be downloaded.  I was happy to think that this was a fix for the battery issue.  I downloaded the update as instructed and that took 8 minutes.  Immediately after the download it drained the battery to empty!  I put in a new battery last night and this morning it stated my battery was low.  This was not the fix I was expecting.  I have now replaced 6 batteries in 7 weeks!  I cannot believe that FitBit Corporate has not put out a communication to its customer base explaining what is going on and when a fix to this issue can be expected.

Best Answer
Pretty disappointing!
Best Answer
Mine also stopped downloading. Very disappointing. I have only had it a month

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Well I just spent time with "Joel" on the FitBit chat board and I have decided to return my brand new zip because of the issue. I can not afford to replace a battery every few days. I am very disappointed. I do have a FitBit Blaze that I love I was just looking for a discreet device that I could wear and still wear other jewelry and watches.

Very disappointed in the Zip

Hey FitBit you should come up with product or some way to wear existing devices discreetly.

Ann

Best Answer

This  Should be combined with the posts  about battery drain 3.9 hasn’t been right since 3.9 

Best Answer
I have been a FitBit user since 2010, but am just about to break away and use another tracker. I can not believe the quality of service has dropped so low. Programming issues such as we have been experiencing are not acceptable. The expense of multiple batteries being drained in a matter of days, and weeks is unbelievable. Maybe the company should concentrate on quality products that endure rather than bringing out new products so often.
Best Answer

Yes only two weeks. Will try not putting it next to the phone at night. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to read that so many other users are having the battery problem. Mine are lasting just 2 weeks and they are expensive! Quick resolution please

Best Answer

I don't use "all day sync" and my battery lasted less than 2 days. Batteries are $6 a piece so that's a hefty price to pay for a step tracker.

Best Answer

Same problem short battery life, the Zip is junk don't waste your money!

Best Answer

I am on my third zip and never had any problems with battery drain until the last month or so. I picked it because of the small size and I love it. (My problem is washing them Smiley Happy)

I agree with previous posts regarding the FitBit Corp. This is not their finest hour. I am willing to wait a bit longer for them to resolve this issue because I like this product. 

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer

Do you want my?

Best Answer
0 Votes