Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalled and reinstalled and not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was asked to uninstall Fitbit zip and reinstall, I did that now it is not connected

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome back @justjannie! Thanks for troubleshooting steps you performed before posting here. Usually a missing requirement is the cause that you tracker is not able to communicate with the Fitbit App. 

If you are not able to setup your Zip, you can follow the help article Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? Or, if you are having difficulties to sync your tracker, visit the help article Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Keep me posted with the outcome! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
I did get it to sync on Mon. but now it has the wrong time and showing a dead battery??? it's frustrating, I did change the battery to no avail
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @justjannie! This sounds weird. In this case, I would recommend checking the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment. Your tracker will have some issues when this is bent. You can take a look at  @vomitofthemind's post to see how to fix your bent battery.

Also, make sure that your tracker is up to date. To do so, take a look at the help article How do I update my Fitbit device?

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
when I change the battery I noticed a weird smell coming from the compartment , It doesn't look like the metal tab is bent, but now the battery is not coming on at all again
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines stop syncing on Monday as well. Did anyone get any answers to resolve the issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I put a new battery (2-3) and I lost steps yesterday, I tried again last night when I got home from work and this morning everything is back to normal, I think they had a blitz at their end
Best Answer
0 Votes
Should I just go ahead and change the battery when I don't need to?
Best Answer
0 Votes
I did, it said I had a full battery and I still changed it. make sure the metal clip inside where the battery goes isn't bent. let me know how you make out and have a good day
Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @justjannie! I'll continue assisting you in your other post Installed Battery and now not syncing and wrong time. Please let me know if you have further questions. 

Welcome to the Forums @Soniaaponte85! Thanks for sharing your experience with Fitbit. In this situation, I'd like to suggest you to restart your Zip and make sure that your app is up to date. To do so, take a look at the help article About the Fitbit app.

Please keep me posted! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes
it's working fine today, just had a blip for Thurs, it's my work 2 jobs and get in a lot of steps, but could only log 5000 some steps, where I usually do-12000 to 14000 steps
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @justjannie! Great to hear that your tracker is working fine. If some steps are missing and you remember the amount, you can manually log them. 

To do manually log steps you can follow the tips from this post. Please feel free to post back if you need more help or if you have more questions. 

Catch you later! 😉 

Best Answer