Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Battery and now not syncing and wrong time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Last night (Tuesday)  I replaced the battery (which is only lasting one month and not the 6 months is supposed to).

Now my Zip is not syncing (last date/time synced) was yesterday afternoon at 2:47pm CST.

I removed the battery and waited 10 seconds before installing the battery again.  I've also checked the time on my mobile device and computer.  Times on both are correct.  

Still incorrect time and still not syncing.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Same thing happened to me yesterday! Anyone - How do you fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

same thing with me, it showed a full battery, but this morning I shoveled at work and when I got home at 9:30am it was showing a time of 7:00 and the steps were way off and it has a line through the battery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would make sure you are installing the battery correctly

Here is a Video on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmzz5df3CaY&t=15s

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did install the battery correctly.  + side UP.  It's showing fully charged.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome help @WendyB! Welcome @bpluskids! I really appreciate that you have confirmed that you have done all the suggested troubleshooting. 

Please, confirm that you have restarted your Zip by following this post. If so, you can try setting up your tracker as a replacement device. To do so, please follow this Setup Guide

I hope this helps, keep me posted! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
my fitbit is still not showing right time, I lost a whole bunch of steps for today, I'm totally disgusted with my fitbit, I tried new batteries, uninstalling and re-installing,
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply @justjannie! I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with your Fitbit Zip. I wanted to thank you for all the time and effort you have taken to solve this. 

To further assist you, I've created a Support case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes