Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain after iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

I've merged a few posts together because we received several reports of battery draining for Zip users on iOS after the 2.39 update. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. Once I receive an update from them I will update this thread and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Also note, we have had reports that turning off all-day-sync has helped as a workaround and worth a try until this issue is resolved. 

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175

I'm sorry your having this problem , yes is a frustration , Fitbit is very helpful. Tgey

will try to do their best to help you fix your problem

have faith and wonderful day

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @Nam71429! So good to hear that Support was able to help and now you are back on track. 😉 

Welcome to the Forums @2golftoday@KathleenDee and @mrsmemopar! I really appreciate that you have shared your experience with Zip. @KathleenDee and @2golftoday To better assist you I have created a case for you. You should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. @mrsmemopar I have sent you a PM. 

Keep me posted! 

P.S. While you wait for Support, please take a look to our Warranty Policies

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  3rd battery in 3 days.  I put in a fresh battery this morning, it was green as soon as I put it in, and now it is displaying as half-full.

Best Answer

Same problem here, however, mine are lasting a little longer than a day or two, but certainly not the 6 months that it should.

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your feedback @Susan307@TheRealToni@SuzyBerndt and @2349! Please double check if you are using a 3V coin battery, CR2025. It can be found wherever batteries are sold.

battery zip.jpg

If so, make sure that the metal spring inside the Zip's battery compartment is not bent. Sometimes your tracker will have battery issues when this is bent. Here is a picture of how it should look like:

zipbent.jpg

Let me know the outcome, I'd like to help you to get back on track! 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and buy the recommended batteries too, in the last few weeks I have gone through three batteries and again today it's stating it's running low.

Best Answer

I have the same battery problem. I tried your suggestion and it didn't help.

Best Answer
I had already checked both of these possibilities but performed both checks again. Neither of those is the source of the problem. The battery is still in the red.
Best Answer

Hi, I have just bought a new Fitbit due to having the same problem with my old one. My old Fitbit battery life did last for 5-6 months, until my last battery change.

my new Fitbit is now doing the same.  Battery is lasting only a week max.

just replaced 2025 battery on Monday and it is now saying "battery low"!!!

Obviously this is becoming an ongoing problem!!

fitbit give us some help please.

Best Answer

I changed my battery 3 times in the past 5 days.  Now my zip won't wake up upon tapping.  My batteries are all new and nothing is wrong with the metal contacts.  I'm leery to buy another zip when I see continued problems with it from numerous users.  When I change the battery, it'll work for about 2 minutes and then go blank.  Every once in a while it'll wake back up for less than 2 minutes then go off again.  It's not responsive.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I  wonder whether Fitbit may be trying to phase these out! I don't see much stock of them when looking at their merchandise. Maybe one or two max. I know they are old but they suit me for my requirements.

i don't want to have to wear anything on my wrist that's why I like it!!

Best Answer

I've also had the same issue, Was wondering if you guys are using the all day sync and or the always connected feature on the mobile app? I just turned those 2 features off on my Galaxy phone was thinking maybe my Zip was trying to connect all the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I haven’t changed any of my settings with multiple battery changes over about 5 years, which is what frustrates me. I’m not doing anything different. Maybe they are phasing out, which puts me out of fitbit territory. I’m not going to wear one on my wrist.
Best Answer
Hi,
I haven't done anything different to my settings either. NOTE this battery problem has only started in the last 4-5 months!

😬😬
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
A plausible thought. When I looked at replacement there is a back order. Hoping that's a positive sign.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I don't want something on my wrist; the zip is so much less intrusive.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Same here. I cleaned the battery contacts today with alcohol and made sure both battery contacts were in their proper places. Fingers crossed my Zip wakes up in the morning and tracks my steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem with battery life. This is my second zip - first one replaced by fitbit as even a new, in date, high quality battery was showing red immediately. Now I am having the same problem with replacement zip. Battery life less than a week. All terminals checked and are fine. Come on fitbit, we need some help with this as it seems you have a loyal following for this device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @DawnD60@Jaide@Susan307@Kasper88@Tammy_M@TomH63@2349, and @Jayembea! I really appreciate the feedback shared about Fitbit Zip. This help us to keep improving our products and services. Also, I wanted to thank you for the time invested trying to solve the issue you are experiencing with your Zip.

@TomH63 This might be a reason why your tracker is not lasting the 6 months. To know more about this take a look to the help article Can I improve my tracker's battery life?

To further assist you, I've created a Support Case on your behalf - you should receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums.

Keep me posted if you have any other question.

P.S. While you wait for Support to get back, take a look to our Warranty Policies

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am going through batteries every few days.  This item is getting to be not worth the costs.  I noticed it with the last updates and have gone in and changed everything from Public to Private or Friends.  I also shut off all modules for tracking items the zip does not track thinking it still looks out there.  I deleted all the apps that appeared for linking that I do not use.  I only use my Weight Watchers app.  The problem continues!!!  Maybe there us a better brand tracker out there?

Best Answer
0 Votes