Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip battery drain after iOS 2.39 update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit update 10/9/2017: This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

I've merged a few posts together because we received several reports of battery draining for Zip users on iOS after the 2.39 update. Our team is currently investigating the root cause of this issue and will be hard at work to get a fix out as quickly as possible to get you all back on track. Once I receive an update from them I will update this thread and will make sure to keep you all in the loop.

Also note, we have had reports that turning off all-day-sync has helped as a workaround and worth a try until this issue is resolved. 

Thanks for your help with reporting this and for your continued patience.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
175 REPLIES 175

Wow. Nice batt could last a year. Ur lucky I guess

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s been 3rd week already with the same battery 2035   It’s working good  sometimes with low or high batt but it counts my steps and synchronizes good so far 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  Thank U for the advise. I’m using the 2035 but I’ll try the 2032 as well.and see what’s better.  Good that everyone has the alternative to search and try what’s out here.    Good day to u all 

Best Answer
0 Votes

With the latest update, the Fitbit One has been having crazy battery drain issues.  I was wondering what a Zip would be like.  Sounds like they're messed up now too!

Best Answer

Wow! This issue now seems months old! Here we are well into October 2017 and still no solution? Too bad it’s not Fitbit spending the $10 a week on batteries! Do your Engineers know what they’re doing?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Herman N. 

Hi. It happened to me too. Long story short   Fitbit support , send me a new replacement from my old Fitbit   I was/am happy they tried to fix the problem but the bran new one after using a very new batt , the next day was low   So I don’t know if it’s the device or the upgrade or who know what , I just changed the batt from 2025 I think it is!?? To a 2035.  And it’s been working ok 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same battery issue since August. Fitbit replaced my zip and I still have the same problem.  I go through 1-2 batteries per week and have resorted to buying them from the Dollar Store, since it doesn't seem to matter if I use the higher priced ones. It is now dropping steps and not syncing consistently.  I was hoping the new update would fix the problem...it didn't and I honestly don't think they are trying to fix it, just waiting it out until everyone purchases something else. I hope I am wrong. They should be ashamed treating their customers like this.  Anyone have any ideas on similar competitor trackers that work?  Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure what happened overnight, but went to bed last night and the battery level was low.  Woke up this AM and it's now showing full.   Anyone else seeing a quick turnaround today?

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been resolved in update 2.41.1. Please update your app  if you continue to experience this issue. Thanks again for your reports and patience. As this issue is resolved, I'll be closing this thread for further comments. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Sorry to hear they are discontinuing the Zip.  You are right, they will not fix the problem is they have no product to support.  I changed my Zip battery on 10-6-17 using a CR2032 and it is still showing full.  

Best Answer

Big Jake. Hope they don’t discontinue the zip service or anything that will hurt us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good to to know.
Best Answer

Right now I been having problems with the sync besides the batt   I don’t really know if it’s worth the trouble of upgrading for the 35 dollars a year if I have two problems.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought two 2025s at a Dollar Store a few weeks ago and am still showing full charge.  I think the problem is resolved now.  Fitbit -- please don't discontinue the Zip!  It suits my needs perfectly.

Best Answer

I realise that Fitbit are not updating this thread, but I have had an email response that may answer some of the queries that are coming up. This was from last week - 8th October. 

"Thank you for getting back to us and for all your troubleshooting efforts. Your time and patience is highly appreciated. 

While you mentioned that Zip has been discontinued, it is still available for purchase from fitbit.com 

We haven't discontinued our Zip trackers. 

We are still working on resolving the issue with the Fitbit app on iOS devices as fast as we can. Though we don't have a time frame on when it will be fixed. 

As you may know, our customer's voice has always been essential in the development of our services and products. We kindly inform you that we work daily to enhance our services and products, and we believe there is always room for improvement. We appreciate that you reported this issue to us. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused and we appreciate the continuous trust that you put in our products. 

We are eager to get you back on track as soon as possible and we want you to have the best Fitbit experience. 

If there's anything that we may do to assist you in the meantime, let us know. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Hazelle Anna E. and the Fitbit Team"

I think unless they update here or email back, I would assume that it has not been fixed. In the meantime, I am finding the fix of deleting the apps off my phone and ipad and using the app on my laptop, is working. I still have a battery showing green and I think it is now 3 weeks since I changed the battery - just for the one they recommend, not the extra big battery. It is not quite so convenient, but it is  working well for me. Hope that helps 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree. I had my zip for less than a month and the battery was already low. I called customer service and they said it was the app. So now I’m not using the app. This is my second zip and I love it. But if this is not resolved quickly I will find another brand next time. 

Best Answer
Thank you for your response. I too loved my first Zip .... still having
battery problems with my new zip. Very frustrating 👿👿
Best Answer

Have you updated to the latest version of the app?  It fixed the problem for me.

Best Answer
Thank you .... will give that a go
Best Answer
I hope it works! Good luck!
Best Answer