Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip erasing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Fitbit has erased my data from yesterday about 10.00am until about 4.30 today. It reset everything to zero late this afternoon. The data has gone from my zip and all also gone from my page on ftbit.com :((
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @AnotherHollie, a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! please try to review if the battery of your tracker is making proper contact. To know how to do this please go here.

I'm quite confident this will help you to resolve the issue regard the missing data. Most of the times the battery when this happen, is becuase the battery isn't making proper contact, loosing the charge and causing the information goes back to zero.

Hope this help and see ya around. Robot wink

Roberto | Community Moderator

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @AnotherHollie, a warm welcome to our Fitbit Community! please try to review if the battery of your tracker is making proper contact. To know how to do this please go here.

I'm quite confident this will help you to resolve the issue regard the missing data. Most of the times the battery when this happen, is becuase the battery isn't making proper contact, loosing the charge and causing the information goes back to zero.

Hope this help and see ya around. Robot wink

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.” What's Cooking?

Best Answer
Thank you. I did that and replaced the battery and it's working fine now. The data was lost but I made a guess and added the steps manually. I find it tells me the battery is low then I go for a walk and then it says that it's full but I changed the battery anyway. My zip is helping me get fit after an injury and I love it 👍 Thanks RobertFitbit
Best Answer

Hi @AnotherHollie, these are great news my friend. Glad that you were able to guess your lost data and manually enter your steps. I can understand that is helping you to get fit after your injury. I was in a car accident a few years ago and my knee was injured, so my tracker is a great motivation to stay active.

Hope to see you around and I can recommend our discussion board so you can share your story with other members of our great community.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not for mine. I had plenty of charge left and it just erased everything -  not happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had 3500 steps yesterday morning.  I checked in the afternoon and had 870 steps.  In the morning the charge showed green by afternoon it was red.  When I changed the battery, my battery tester showed full charge as did the new battery.  When I bought the Zip that battery lasted over 4 months.  The last two batteries have lasted a couple weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @wolfy52864 and @Vernotte10, good to see you around in the Fitbit Community. 

@wolfy52864 I'm wondering which tracker are you using, I can see in your Community profile you have a Fitbit One. So I would like to clarify this, since this is the Zip board. Either case I would like to recommend to try a restart. For Zip you can go here. Now if you have the Fitbit One, then the following post will be more appropriate.

@Vernotte10 It has been a while since you posted too, so I'm wondering how it goes? Are you still experiencing issues. Perhaps the battery is loose? If this is the case you can do this by opening the battery door of your Zip, removing your battery, and ensuring that the silver battery tab located in the lower right half of your tracker is flush with the white box outline in the tracker housing.

Keep me updated about this issue. I'll be here if you have more questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, AnotherHollie here. My Fitbit One kept erasing data and it kept on not
recording data as well (the latter I think was due to lack of contact with
the battery). In the end I gave up and upgraded to the Fitbit Zip. My
experience with the Fitbit One was that it was a poor quality product and
that I'd wasted my money. Fitbit really need to look at this as I'm one of
those people whose skin react to the casing so I cannot wear any of the
wrist models.
Best Answer
0 Votes