Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my zip for 1 day. Worked fine this morning, syncing with no problems. But tonight it won't sync saying it can't connect via Bluetooth. Everything is turned on, I've even installed app and reinstalled but with no success. Does the zip only sync at certain times of the day?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've had this problem too. I found resetting the Zip, by removing and replacing the battery, to be most effective. Also, on the app, just you have 'All-Day Sync' turned on, just to be sure 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59
Thanks for this. I've followed your regarding the battery and also un
paired the zip and this time around its working fine. Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had this problem too. I found resetting the Zip, by removing and replacing the battery, to be most effective. Also, on the app, just you have 'All-Day Sync' turned on, just to be sure 

Best Answer

@loulou80 @PipFord Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here! It's weird that your Fitbit Zip trackers are not syncing with your Dashboard even though you have troubleshooted this issue properly. If you already tried the steps listed in this help article and they were not successful, I recommend contacting our Support team so they can investigate further and get you back on track.

Keep me posted on the outcome and I'll be around my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello JuanJoFitibit  I find it interesting that EmersonFitbit shut down another thread of conversation saying problems solved, when in fact they were not, and here we are again.    It is my sincere hope @loulou80 @PipFord will notify everyone about what kind of response you get from the Support team.  No one in the previous thread I kept up with got any response from the support team, nor from a tech team, that I saw. 

Best Answer
Hi ARGBirdie
It may have been my see that shut down the thread. I had an auto generated email asking if the issues had been resolved so I clicked yes and thought no more of it. However you are correct in saying that no one from the support team has made contact.
Best Answer

I have been having the same problem. I've tried everything suggested in the fitbit help, as well as some fixes suggested in the online forum. After much searching for fitbit contact information, I sent an email to fitbit and suggested that they need to upgrade their software. This problem seems rampant with this device. They responded, but their suggestion was not helpful. Again, I have suggested there is probably a bug in their software. We'll see what they say.

Best Answer

How do I turn on all-day sync? I can't find it anywhere. I'm using the zip.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All day sync is an option on your iPhone.  The fit bit will sync anytime the iPhone or computer ask it to.  Hope that helps! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree, there are major firmware issues with the sync systems with the fit devices. I have 2 fits and they sync some days and not others. I tried also the PC to sync my devices, again sometimes I get sync and others times they do not work. If you select the sync button on the App, it spins and nothing happens most of the time and of course the device is within range of each other. So, yes, major issues with software and  the function to manually sync a device, ( this should be a basic feature that should work for everyone all the time an owner wants a sync a device). This manual sync is what most people want working to see their workouts!!!! Doha,  This firmware was released before it was proven out, like most items that need software to operate! Marketing rushed it out, to us all before it was ready to operate properly. Now they are struggling with updates to fix all the problems we all experience with these devices.

Best Answer

I have the same problems. The computer often does not recognize the Zip. I contacted the support team (after looking and looking for contact info) and did not receive adequate help. Other community users have informed me the software is problematic. Personally, I think their hype is highly overrated.

Best Answer

Keep us posted on the response you get.  I'm guessing it won't be of much help, and am very sorry, for all of us, that such is the case.

Best Answer

Still having sync problems with Zip. It almost never syncs automatically, but about once a week it surprises me. In order to keep track of my progress, I have to manually sync it every night. It normally takes several attempts. Tonight it took five attempts before I had success. Grrrr...

Best Answer

I've had my fitzip for 2 weeks and it worked great.  Now today it won't sync.  I've looked over these posts and I guess I will try the manual thing. 

Best Answer

My Zip randomly syncs EITHER with my Surface Pro 3 OR my LG-G3, but has difficulty connecting with both simultaneously, which it is supposed to do. It constantly tells me it can't connect to the Bluetooth on my phone. Terribly frustrating. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with Customer Support, thought we resolved it, and now it's happening again. 😞

Best Answer

Ever since I got my new computer, my Fitbit Zip rarely syncs. I have tried all the advice I've seen posted here. I've played with the battery, changed the battery, tried to locate a bluetooth connection on my computer (can't find it) - all to no avail. It randomly syncs maybe once a week at odd times. It sued to sync several times a day. Does this have to do with Windows 10? What are my options?

Best Answer

I would also like to have an all-day sync, but I cannot find such an option on my computer. I have a new hp with Windows 10. My zip only syncs about once a week ever since I got the new computer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes please - an option to manually sync!

Best Answer

How do you manually sync? I don't see any option for this on my computer.

Best Answer

I right click on the Fitbit Connect in my icons.  One of the options is to 'Sync Now'.

Best Answer