Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have only had my zip for 1 day. Worked fine this morning, syncing with no problems. But tonight it won't sync saying it can't connect via Bluetooth. Everything is turned on, I've even installed app and reinstalled but with no success. Does the zip only sync at certain times of the day?

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
59 REPLIES 59

I will also send an e-mail response to the email I received today.  I had tried re-installing the connect software, and still wasn't working.  Well dumb me, you should reboot after any new install.  Tonight my computer had frozen so I hard booted it.  As my desktop loading my applications, fit connect asked if I wanted automatic updates turned on.  I said yes.  Once everything had a chance to load, I opened it and tried synching, and it finally works now!  Woo-hoo!  Not only that, but it now shows all my calories and steps for the days that were missing, as the last synch all that time had been 8 a.m. on Thursday, July 21. I have seen many of the posts saying you have to force it to update, because checking for updates wasn't working.  Apparently my reboot did just that.  So that is my advice to those struggling with this still, is uninstall, re-install, then reboot, turn on automatic updates, it updates, and then it works!  (Hopefully for everyone, right?) Hope this helps the fitbit folks in figuring out just what may have gone awry as it would seem an update that was needed wasn't pushed out on the software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you do the "manual thing" to sync your fitbit to the computer?

Thanks 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

So you need to find the program icon in your computer - if you go to "all programs" and find Fitbit, one of the options will be to add it to the task bar. Once you do that, right click the icon and "sync now" will be an option. 

This is for PCs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi sadly that did not work. I found it. But the writing was grey and  not black, so nothing happenedcheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

That means it's not seeing the little dongle thing - mine does that sometimes too and I have to take the dongle out and put it back in and give it about a minute and then the "sync now" stops being gray and is clickable. 

I think they (Fitbit) need to make the syncing part better but easy for me to say, I'm not a software engineer! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks, i have tried that, but nopes it did not work.The sync sign is still grey and no syncing happening. Agree, fitbit has to improve here. Suggestion: When the issue is sorted the ones with bad fit bits could get a new one for free from Fitbit. cheers
Best Answer
0 Votes

Done everything you mentioned but can't sync my zip since i I purchased a nw computer with Windows 10! Frustrating!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the manually synching info!  Mine hadn't synched for several days, but doing this (simply right-clicking on the icon) updated it immediately.  Bless your heart.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Windows 10 laptop at home and I just figured out how to sync, I went to my list of apps, clicked on fitbit app, and up on the top there was something called sync I think.  Clicked on that and it synced.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just received my new Zip. Try as I might, I can't get it to interact with my iPhone SE using Bluetooth.

I've done all the obvious stuff: inserted a brand new battery, reset by removing and reinserting the battery, dumped and reloaded the app to the iPhone, switched Bluetooth on and off - zilch! Very frustrated indeed to also find that the telephone helpdesk is not available until Monday (UK). Totally disillusioned - this device was not cheap! Any suggestions, apart from the obvious!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My FitBit Zip is working fine, but it suddenly stopped syncing after six months of use.  It does not sync to my computer or to SparkPeople.  I've tried all the troubleshooting for two days now.  It synced once yesterday and once today.  Can anyone help with this?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Zip is now working. I did lots of refitting of the battery and reloading of the app, before it responded.

Problems encountered included the app hanging at the point where it’s trying to sync (there seems to be no way out of this other than killing it, reloading and trying again.)

Also, confusingly, there is no indication on my iPhone of the device being recognised - it doesn’t seem to identify itself!
Really annoying, because you can’t tell the device is in sync by looking at the iPhone display - all you can see is the constantly rotating ‘search’ icon.

(All my other Bluetooth devices used in conjunction with the iPhone show their identity under Bluetooth settings, why not the Zip?.
Am I doing something wrong?)

Best Answer
0 Votes

where do you find all day sync----and why can't I sync on demand.  after 3 weeks of sporatic problems, I called fit bit today, he had me remove dongle and battery and it worked ONCE.  that was 245---have not been able to manually get it to sync since.  I am confused.  I should not have to gut the tracker when I need to sync, that doesn't make sense.

@PipFord wrote:

I've had this problem too. I found resetting the Zip, by removing and replacing the battery, to be most effective. Also, on the app, just you have 'All-Day Sync' turned on, just to be sure 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't use Iphone, I use desktop.  is there an all day sync on desktop?  cannot sync, removed battery, dongle,etc.  logged out of fitbit....lots of suggestions but nothing works.  Cant sync on demand, losing steps.  Called fitbit today, they did the remove battery, dongle and it sync ONCE, now back to no sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried everything and just finally gave up and trashed my fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

sll day sync option is found on accountscreen botbutton on lower right corner of dashboard screen other optioms are sync now or always on sync but this may cause battery usage problems

iv had my zip sice christmas 3026 with no problems at all except 2 days ago tracker display just went blank despite new battery and app cant locate zip and wont sync. pretty useless now. before this thought it wss great. hopefully customer support will b able to sort it out

Best Answer
0 Votes

Where do I find the "all day sync" ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you, this worked for me. 🙂

Best Answer
Thanks but I gave up along time ago.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Using zip and Fitbit app says cannot find device

Best Answer