Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip rapid battery drain on iOS version 2.41.1

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Update 3/21/2018: It has taken the team longer to identify the root cause of why some users are experiencing rapid battery drain with while syncing the Zip to an iOS device. We will continue to investigate, but I don't currently have a timeline for fix. Along with turning off all day sync, we do suggest syncing to a computer or Android device if possible. Thanks for your reports and patience. 

Update 11/25/2017: We are still aware that some users on iOS are reporting rapid battery drain and are working on the issue. Once I hear further, I will update this thread. Thanks for all your reports. 

I've been notified that there are reports of Zip battery draining quickly on iOS version 2.41.1 and our team is currently investigating. If you are experiencing this, we recommend disabling all-day-sync for now. I'll update this post once I hear more. Thanks as always for your patience and understanding. 

Turn off All-Day Sync:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap on your device 
  3. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
497 REPLIES 497
So unfortunate-I really like mine 😞

--
Mom63
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have contacted Fitbit and asked for replacement.

Regards
Michelle O'Connor
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Are they open to doing that?
I would be interested in replacing it if they are.

--
Mom 63
Best Answer

Mom63, they replaced my One, years ago so I don’t see why not.....unless yours is over a year old. Then it Might be a problem.

Never hurts to ask though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Heard back the same thing as always-the spring is bent from battery
insertion - make sure there is connection-oh well.

--
Mom 63
Best Answer
0 Votes
They gave me a discount of 15% but have the same problem with the new one although I have turned off all-day sync and seem to get more battery life (not great, but more) out of the new one. So even if you can get a free replacement, don't count on it being a panacea.

Jeannie

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

The advertising/product description still touts a very long battery life which has been bogus for many, many months

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s years from what I can see which really us a trading standards issue as it’s a total misrepresentation of the product.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

March 13/18

Fitbit has been working on this ussue since last October.

I have been in a chat with Fitbit this morning who tells me it is a bug.

Really.

In the 70’s men landed on rhe moon. 

In 5 months Fitbit can’t fix this.

my Zip now languishes in the drawer.

Update:

since I complained about the length of time they have been ‘fixing this bug’ and said we sent men to the moon 48 years ago and they couldn’t fix this...they are sending me acreplacement.

Good.... but we shall see how long this one lasts.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
🤣

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
My battery is going on 3 months and now showing half full. I obly sync with iphone once or twice a day.

AlC
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree -- Customer service is horrible. I just replaced my battery 3 days ago and it's already drained. Customer service blamed in on my iphone -- what a joke. I LOVED my old ZIP -- but my new one drains the battery within a few days -- given my experience with CS, I will have to find another tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good luck == I had zero luck in my discussion with Customer Service -- blamed the battery drain on my iphone -- no solutions -- Sad.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I heard back today...it's a bug....well time to find something without a "bug"

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Totally agree -- what a joke
Best Answer
0 Votes
It seems like the charge on my battery can change daily. Some days it's
fully chareed and others it says it's almost dead. You would think Fit bit
could fix this by now.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I really believe they don't care about the Zip or its users -- it's a low
end device -- but I love it because it does what I need it to do -- but not
if I have to buy a battery every 3rd day -- what a sham!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes
That’s how I feel if it’s not compatible with mobile devices AND has a battery issue it should be withdrawn.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
A bug that has been active for more than six months. Totally unacceptable.
Best Answer

Yeah I love how the response is always "It's your phone so don't synch it.  My phone ease of use is certainly a priority over this device. We have not heard one specific thing from FitBit that is resolving this issue. Not one. Just that it is a bug of which they are aware and trying to resolve.  Like how many people are working on it would be good to know.

Best Answer