Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip won't sync

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit should know that the zip isn't syncing to the phone app anymore after their recent update.  They should fix it.  Mine also won't sync unless I remove the battery at the end of the day.  

Best Answer
32 REPLIES 32

I had a feeling I wasn't the only one experiencing issues with my zip.

I agree, I think it is a ploy to purchase a new item.  I don't want a watch.  
Not only does it not always sync properly (when it wants to), but when it looks like I need a new battery it won't accept it.  I have spent a fortune on batteries and it still only works when it wants to.  Annoying!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is 6 days later since I first contacted the Fitbit community. And my problem is still not resolved. I've had countless emails and tweets to Fitbit and still they haven't been able to resolve the issue. I finally went on Amazon to post a review and said that they are not very good customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I might also switch to garmin.  What's the point of a tracker that won't sync?  

Best Answer

I really don’t believe that it’s a ploy to get people to upgrade to new devices, else the problem wouldn’t affect mostly android users. Fitbit just couldn’t get the device to work properly with android 9, so they quietly gave up and abandoned the device and it’s users.

I’ve 100% fixed my Zip sync issues with the Zip but I ended up having to buy a used iPhone with a cracked screen off of eBay in order to do it. As an android user from day 1, this annoys me immensely, but it immediately fixed my sync problems. I just leave the iphone connected to a charger behind my computer and it syncs immediately with my zip as soon as I come home. I can walk thru the front door and pull out my android phone and the sync from the iPhone will already be sent up to the cloud and back down to my android phone.

The Zip spends all day with my Android phone without being able to sync once unless I pull and reinstall the battery, yet the moment it gets within range of the broken iPhone, it syncs immediately. It’s totally disgusting.

Best Answer
I just ordered a Garmin Vivofit 3 w/clip
Best Answer

@cnl390 please let us know how that works out after you’ve had a chance to spend some time with it. I’m specifically interested in how accurate you think it is as well as how easy it is to get the data into other services.

Best Answer
Will do.
Best Answer
I have an iPhone , but my zip doesn’t sync after I update the app on my phone. So I don’t think it’s the phone system. Fitbit basically just abandoned zip users.

发自我的 iPhone
Best Answer
I and my family had been loyal Fitbit users. In fact I just bought two kids watches for my kids. But the way they don’t try to fix the zip sync problem really piss me off. I will tell all my friends and my family about this and not to buy new devices from Fitbit anymore. Really sucks!

发自我的 iPhone
Best Answer

My fittbit won't zync tried everything frustrated 😤😤😤

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you could contact fitbit support and tell them about the Iphone.  This is such a mess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

the whole thing is a farce...its really annoying me now 😠😠

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've purchased two Vivofit 3 trackers with clips and intent to put them up against the Zip and the Inspire throughout the week.

I'm going to test them all clipped to one of my boots (where the Zip has proven to be extremely accurate) as well as clipped to the pocket of my Jeans (Zip is decently accurate there, tho it does get more false positives in this location).

I'll do a number of tests where I actively count a large number of steps and see how close the trackers can get to the actual counts in the two locations and I'll keep track of their totals for all steps at the end of the day.

Initial impressions are mixed. I love the fact that the Garmin app will let me sync BOTH Vivofits to the same account at the same time with one being set as the "Preferred Device". See FitBit? It *CAN* be done and your competitors are doing it already. However, a couple of quick tests with the Vivofit, Inspire, and Zip attached to my pocket show the Vivofit count being a bit low while the Zip and Inspire were right on target with my manual count. The real test will be after wearing them for a full day to see if the Vivofit gets less false positives than the FitBit trackers.

Best Answer