Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Hours don't match Charge 3 Vs App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This seems to happen quite a lot. I have the "remind me to get up" thing going. 250 steps+ an hr, for 12 hrs. I try and routinely hit this every day. There seems to be a lot of times when my Charge 3 indicates that I've met the step goal, but the app on my phone says I didn't. Restart of app, and sync still doesn't change. Is this a bug?IMG_6796.JPG

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Alexisarel and @Sooz69, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I understand your concern about this issue not having been resolved yet. Note that some issues take longer than others to get resolved and while our team is actively working on it, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Despite spending ages on line with Fitbit team my Charge 3 app is still not showing correct hours moved despite the watch displaying it.

It’s been three weeks now! The problem seems to be in the last ten mins, if prompted to get the steps in. Watch shows they’ve been achieved but this doesn’t sync with phone app, pointless motivator if it’s not going to register, and disheartening when reviewing stats!

Come on Fitbit, sort this gremlin out.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer

It's great to see you around @Sooz69.

I just wanted to let you know that I have moved your post from the Charge 3 board to the iOS app board, since I think that you will be able to see more related topics about this here.

Now about active hours issue, as our support team told you, we are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible, sorry for any inconvenience it's caused and appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let me know if there's anything I may do to assist you in the meantime. 😊

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Is there resolution to this yet?  It’s been a known issue for many months and very frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi - no, my watch and app still not syncing during last 10 of each hour - do you have an iPhone X?

Best Answer
I have an iPhone 8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alexisarel and @Sooz69, I hope you're doing well, it's nice to see you around the Fitbit Community. 

First of all, I would like to apologize for the delay in the response. I understand your concern about this issue not having been resolved yet. Note that some issues take longer than others to get resolved and while our team is actively working on it, they may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

Please understand this isn’t an issue just affecting two people - it’s affecting me and every FitBit IOS user I know. It’s beyond frustrating when you look at the app at the end of the day having achieved your goals and having the app tell you you were actually a lazy sod. This is incredibly bad for motivation and totally defeats the object of having the FitBit. This is a basic software fix - what’s the problem?

Best Answer

Adding my name to the list. My versa is only 3 months old and an iPhone 6s and at least a few times a week over the past month my app has refused to properly sync my active hours. I’ve tried all requested actions: hard quitting the app; hard resetting the watch; hard powering down phone; logged out of app and back in; and I’ve even uninstalled the app and reinstalled/resynced watch and the issue doesn’t correct itself. Hoping for a fix soon because it’s a real bummer to hit all 12 active hours to have your app and your weekly digest short you. Much thanks for working on this issue!

Best Answer

My Fitbit verse stopped syncing yesterday and I have to uninstall and reinstall to get it to sync- any ideas 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Slvrwrx.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue and for sharing that picture.

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit Ionic shows 9 of 9 hours  completed with the green color indicator.  However, the Fitbit screen on my iPhone and laptop shows that I missed the 10-11 AM at 250 steps that hour.  What gives?  This has happened before a while ago, but now it's happened again.  Very discouraging when you're trying to get the 9 of 9 hours completed, only to be disappointed by the reading on the Fitbit site.

Best Answer

@TommyRosati. since your asking about an iOS app issue I moved your post to the main thread on the iOS board. I suggest reading posts from rye moderators. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about an answer to my dilemna?

Best Answer

See the post above your last post, this contains the answer from fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

See the post above your last post, this contains the answer from fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rich, sorry I am not sure where the answer is located?  Is there a cure for this?  If I'm going to get two different readings (one on my Fitbit Ionic, and one on my iPhone/Laptop), then it's not working for me.  Sorry, I don't know where your answer was.  All I saw was that my question got moved to another location.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'll quote from the message above. 

@LanuzaFitbit wrote:

Hello @Slvrwrx.

-------- Cut. ---------

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

The best answer Fitbit has is that they are aware and looking into a resolution. 

This means that there is nothing you as a user can do to fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for that information.  I appreciate it.  Hopefully they can get it resolved.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having this same issue and seem to have found a solution (albeit a slightly annoying one) while Fitbit works toward an actual fix. When my Charge 3 reminds me to take steps at 10 before the hour, I finish the 250 and then open and sync the app to get it to acknowledge the goal was reached before it hits the next hour. I feel like that makes sense, but just in case, here's an example:

Today, at 9:50 a.m. my Charge 3 buzzed a reminder I had 42 steps to go for the hour;

I lapped my office like a weirdo and hit 250 steps at 9:52 a.m.

I opened the app at 9:53 a.m., it auto-synced and failed to recognize the hour as active; 

I then closed the app entirely, re-opened, forced another sync and at 9:55 a.m. the 9 o'clock hour registered as an active hour. 

Ta da?

Best Answer