Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App isn't connecting to my tracker.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I have been trying to connect for about an hour and a half and I have tried restarting my phone and Bluetooth setting. I have also tried resetting my tracker about 4 times. I keep trying "add a new device" on the app but it keeps just saying connecting to tracker for 10-15 minutes. Am I doing something wrong? I followed all the instructions. Even the ones on here. Tried several different things but nothing is working. Now I have the tracker on trying to connect and the Bluetooth icon keeps popping up then disappearing.
Best Answer
69 REPLIES 69

Indeed BecTone, that to me looks like the only appropriate and effective solution. In addition, I can not afford bying another one running the risk to end in the same situation.  Thanks for sharing this information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi guys,
In my case what I did as last option i went to my IPhone Bluetooth settings and click forget this device. Then I reconnect it again and it works.

Kind Regards
Mariusz Szymczak
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Mariusz - thanks for your recommendation but tried all of this over and over again, about 20 times every evening, disconnected, reconnected, removed app, loaded again, restarted tracker, restarted iPhone, renewed the app, went to other location, redone the whole process over and over again, tried the Ionic Adidas...  - I've done everything to change my way of living, to live healthier, 57 years of age, lost 15kg of weight, in a well controlled way - initially by using the Charge 2 for two years, now wanted to monitor my activity more accurately and precisely, that's why I invested in the Ionic version, joined a cycling club, swimming club, MTB and now since 2 weeks totally out of the flow, not connected anymore with the teams, with the challenges, ..... people asking me why I'm isolating myself all at once, so it is just more than a technical issue - it has now become part of your social life and integration and that makes it all so extremely frustrating .. I'm working with J&J US, have been working in many countries incl the AsPac region in leadership roles and convinced all of my colleagues to use Fitbit, but unfortunately I now myself are disappointing my teams, so asking again to the Fitbit support team, what should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ruverdick, thanks for joining the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have shared your experience with me and let me know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you've experienced with your Fitbit Ionic. 

I have noticed you have already created a case with our Support Team, I have forward your information to our team so they can update your case accordingly. At this moment I would like to suggest you to please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions from our team.

In case you need anything else, please feel free to reply as well. Happy stepping. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Marco - I now experience another strange behavior of my Ionic tracker.  My heartbeat which is shown on the Fitbit is totally out of control, not in line with reality.  Cleaned the tracker, restarted it but continues to provide incorrect information. Any calibration required? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem being unable to connect to my iPad. I was running the Fitbit program on my iphone as well. It appears it can only connect to one device at one time. I deleted the program from my iPhone and it instantly synced to my iPad.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had this after my charge2 tried to update. No solutions worked so I tried this ...

Removed iPhone7 protective case! This seems to have been the ‘blocker’

Also,

Forgot the device on Bluetooth 

Removed charge2 from Fitbit App

Logged out of Fitbit App

Plugged Fitbit into its charger

Restarted Fitbit (4second reboot)

Logged into Fitbit app

Add device

Followed instructions

Boom it worked after god only knows how many attempts!!!

My shockproof case seemed to block the Bluetooth etc connection between the two devices.

Moderator Edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ruverdick and @MissiMel, it's nice to see you around, I hope you're doing well. Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JamesFrancis, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

@MissiMel and @JamesFrancis, I appreciate you have shared your experience with me, I'm very glad your trackers are now working correctly!

@Ruverdick, I appreciate you have brought this to my attention, I would like to gather some information from you so I can check this situation related to the heart rate monitor on your Ionic further:

• What were you doing when you noticed the problem? 
  • Were you wearing the device particularly tight or loose? 
  • What was the device's position on your wrist?

Additionally, please check this article about heart rate and what factors can affect it. 

I hope this can be helpful, if there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,
Sorry I've given up - I'm not using the tracker anymore - the
malfunctioning gave me too much stress and frustration.
Did all of the follow ups you instructed me over and over again, spending
many many evenings at different locations, doing nothing else then
re-trying (with different approaches) ....instead of exercising. I'm using
my old TomTom again.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Rudi
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ruverdick, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to reply. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're not using your tracker anymore, but I understand your decision. Feel free to reply in case you need anything else, I'll be happy to help. 

Happy stepping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Connect it to computer then use little usb fob and download app on computer. Mine wouldn’t work at all and it’s just needed an update then it worked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @KeithenZ66, thanks for joining the conversation, it's a pleasure for me to welcome you to the Fitbit Community! Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have let me know about the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, I'm happy to know your tracker was able to update after using the Fitbit app on your computer. In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone.

Very good news – after a month of trial and error, suddenly I was successful in getting my tracker up and running again, with doing the same process over and over again.  Thanks all for continued support.  Kr, Rudi

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Ruverdick, I hope you're doing well, I appreciate you have taken the time to reply and let me know your issue has now been resolved, I'm very glad.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please feel free to reply, I'll be happy to help.

Happy stepping! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't get my Fitbit to sync with my apple iPhone 7s.  it continues to say trying to connect to the tracker

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @pegster9466, thanks for joining the conversation, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you have brought this to my attention. Tell me, which tracker or watch are you currently using? When did you start experiencing these issues? Have you restarted your tracker or watch and your phone lately? If so, I would like to suggest you the following:

• Make sure the latest version of the Fitbit app is installed on your phone.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. To check, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • Make sure there are no other Bluetooth devices around as they might interfere with the syncing process
  • Check that your Fitbit device's battery isn't critically low.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. 
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it one more time.
  7. If your Fitbit device won't sync after the restart, log in to your Fitbit account on a different phone, tablet, or computer and try to sync.
  8. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your mobile device and try to sync.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and keep me posted in case you need anything else. 

Best Answer

I have tried all the steps above many times and have still got the 'connecting to tracker', which I have now had all morning.  Beginning to lose the will to live.  Everything was ok for about 6 months until my tracker started losing time-on a regular basis.  Then it seemed to die for a while.  It now seems to be working again but I cannot get it to connect to the app at all, and the time is still out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has anyone resolved this? IT has been 2+ years looking over the replies. I am stuck doing the same. Is there anyone working on software at Fitbit??

Should I trash my watch? Is there nothing people can do except expect to spend hours pairing and other ridiculous steps that should take under 10 seconds? You all create really bad software.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Derek_R and @shadysam, have a warm welcome to the Fitbit Community, it's great to have you on board. Smiley Happy

I appreciate your participation in the Forums and for letting us know you have already tried the troubleshooting steps provided here. At this moment, I would like to gather some information from you so we can check this further:

1. Fitbit device you're wearing. 
  2. iPhone model you're using.
  3. OS device running on your phone
  4. App version installed in your phone (go to Account  > Help to get it)

This will be very helpful for us to check this further.

Thanks for your patience and understanding, we'll be waiting to hear from you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks a lot! 

I was so frustrated with the connecting to tracker thing I could've thrown it.

As soon as I disconnected all other connected Bluetooth devices my Zip got connected in a second. I would recommend this to all!

Best Answer
0 Votes